How do you add oil to your jack

Im going to be buying a new jack soon…racing jack from HF, blue and silver one. But for now I must deal with what I have.

I believe my jack needs oil, no longer hits the height it used to and when it is up there, it slowly drops…or time though, not like within 5 mins.

I see the red cap on the piston that says “add oil” but how and which kind of oil. just drip in motor oil or something?
I heard you have to bleed it too. anyone know?

thanks

[quote=“rugsr”"]

Im going to be buying a new jack soon…racing jack from HF, blue and silver one. But for now I must deal with what I have.

I believe my jack needs oil, no longer hits the height it used to and when it is up there, it slowly drops…or time though, not like within 5 mins.

I see the red cap on the piston that says “add oil” but how and which kind of oil. just drip in motor oil or something?
I heard you have to bleed it too. anyone know?

thanks

[/quote]

buy a new jack…

its hydraulic oil… and most of them say do NOT add oil on them… you sure yours says something differant?

rugsr…i had the same problem dont add the oil all u are gonna do is mess it up i tried it on my jack…that aws about 10 years old.
brought a pretty nice one at walmart for $75 its a 3 ton jack black,yellow and silver. about 50lbs.

lol yea the jack is about 6yrs old.
I think my gf is getting me the racing jack so i wanted to wait before i go ahead nd buy one.
I want to get the S off the ground to do the spring install…maybe ill toss some wood under there for the height needed

next thread from rugsr

How do I wipe my ass…

LOL this is nyspeed. It’s been covered.
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39727&highlight=back+balls

Either power steering fluid or automatic transmission fluid would work.

[quote=“Fry,post:6,topic:39336"”]

LOL this is nyspeed. It’s been covered.
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39727&highlight=back+balls

[/quote]

I do not know if I should me impressed or ashamed

HF has Hydraulic oil

Make sure it’s done right… I wouldn’t want to be under the car anymore with out some supporting jack stands. Or even leave it up on the jack for a brake job.

you must have read my mind champ:massmoon:

[quote=“66impalass,post:5,topic:39336"”]

next thread from rugsr

[/quote]

pull the rubber plug out of the side of the hydraulic cylinder with the jack at fully lowered position. dribble in trans fluid till its full. replace plug. done.

ive done it quite a few times as the oil leaks out of the plunger pump part of my beater jack.

just dont put brake fluid in a jack. trashes the seals.

Brian