"How Do You Earn a Living" sticky

i hear that.

Adam Beck
Toyota Quality Financial Services Manager

Its kind of sort of better than being a toll collector and includes a $75,000 raise.

I’m an IT Analyst contractor for the DoD.

Lockheed Martin recently acquired all of our contracts and replaced me because my clearance wasn’t renewing fast enough. What a sweet fucking company!
So come April, I’ll be looking for another job, probably with the DoD again because my clearance will be adjudicated by then.

On a side note, have any of you government IT guys looked into what they’re offering for Iraq? You can go there for a year and come back with 180k, the first 80k being tax free.

Can they guarantee you keep all 4 limbs and both eyes though?
Odds are you’d be fine but is it worth the risk? I’d pass on the deal myself.

exactly, that’s why it’s hazard pay, and that’s why I’m stuck in the middle about going over there. Assuming you don’t get blown up, it would be nice to make that cash without having any cost of living.

I would be in for over seas IT…DoD contracting is fun…watching people who work for the government do just enough work to get by :lol:

The overseas IT guys loved what they were doing when I was over there. The lifestyle over there is what you make of it and personally I love the simplicity. No mall, bar, etc etc I would go back there in a sec for that kind of money doing that type of work.

hmm time to start applying…I wouldn’t mind doing 6 month trips there…

Mike Landel
Lead Technician
Orion Systems Inc.
Orchard Park, NY
716-332-0501
We build custom PCs, do in-home repair and service, home audio/visual installs, laptop sales/service.

Designer

Data and Voice Systems Engineer
Tonawanda, NY

I personally design, maintain, and build Juniper data networks and Avaya PBX and VoIP systems for enterprise companies locally and nationally such as Praxair, Sodexo, and Kalieda.

Also have a side business doing clothing and graphic design, web and other hosted solutions, and software development.

Social Worker

PM me if you have to do community service

I sell toys.

Raff And Friends
Eastern Hills Mall
4545 Transit Road
Williamsville, NY 14221

Louis Callari
IT Operations
Client Logic / SiTel
Elicott St, Buffalo Ny

I basically monotor servers and such and call out if they go down and I cant fix them myself.

Procard International
Sales Associate

Pretty much if your looking to get an additional 10%-60% discounts off products and services your insurance provider already gives you, send me a PM and Ill help set you up. Procard has contracts with local pharmacists such as walgreens, rite aide, and wegmans to name a few…

I JUST QUIT MY JOB AND I AM MOVING TO ALBANY TO START A NEW ONE AND GO TO GRAD SCHOOL!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06Jo3yd0lWdSc/340x.jpg

No but seriously I am. I was an Account Executive(fancy word for salesman) at a printing company in OP, and I just recently put in my two weeks. I am eager to move back to my hometown and start with my new job and grad skewl:tup:

Insight Services Group
Investigator :snky: - WNY/Rochester

Dan Harris
I work at a gas station overnight…
sunoco A plus
Elma, Ny

looking to quit and work for rural metro, i am a emt/firefighter 2 or go down south to join a payed fire dept, since buffalo fire dept is gay and has the worst hiring polices*

Sociotherapist (fancy word for glorified babysitter)
Hillside Children’s Center
Auburn, NY

Service Adviser - Pep Boys

Clay, NY (Liverpool, suburb of Syracuse)

Hopin’ to get back into parts at a dealership soon, though. Such a better job.