"How Do You Earn a Living" sticky

^ Nice dude!

Not much change for me.

Sr Mechanical Engineer @ Moog, in the Medical Device Division. Responsible for the Mechanical Sub-System Design & Development of the IV pump, and Enteral Feeding pump product lines.

Currently transitioning out of a Project Management role in the Ultrasonic Surgical Handpiece/OEM Sub-System development product line.

Thanks man!

I’m still a tech, no long for a shitty corporation though. Now at a private shop and loving every minute of it.

Started at my company almost 4 years ago in the shipping/receiving department picking orders. The company was pretty much brand new to the area and I was employee number 7 or 8. I’ve always been “good” with computers and I went out of my way to make sure the owner saw what I was capable of doing with general computer problem fixes. During my 6 month review I asked to be challenged, and they responded. I was given a computer and a few thermal printers donned with the task of creating and printing some simple product labels. That was ridiculously easy, obviously.

In the next 6 months I was given the task of maintaining the ordering of some outsourced products for a dozen or so private label customers. Items we didn’t produce in-house are purchased and resold. I succeeded in that low-level purchasing position, meanwhile, I moved into managing all internal IT support. The next year was the same, except I had been removed completely from the warehouse duties and moved more into purchasing, design, and IT.

Fast-forwarding to today, I’ve been promoted to the head of purchasing and am now handling all of the inventory management for the production of 30+ products, tag-teamed the implementation of Microsoft Navision to completely manage all data in the company, merged the Canadian facility and New Jersey facility’s servers and data into our office and am currently working with a few others on a Citrix implementation, and creating all new product label designs and marketing materials using Illustrator (self taught, on the job…). On top of that, my latest promotion was into a position that requires at least an associates degree, which I do not have. So now the company is sending me to school for an associates in business administration.

I’ve really worked my ass off for the last several years and it’s been extremely rewarding. Extremely exhausting and challenging, but rewarding nonetheless.

Can you get me some dick pills?

Sure thing

Bumping this.

After being at Lowes FT since leaving LCSD, I finally picked up a job at Ingram Micro doing Vendor Licensing. I start orientation on Monday :tup:

On to bigger and better things…again!

:tup:

Was The Financial Services and Business Guru Extraordinaire for Basil Toyota. I got a promotion, so I’m moving on, but if you need anything… Sales or Leasing, New or Pre-owned, let me know. :tup:

I guess you got the IM job then.

I design fucking batteries.

5 years and still turning wrenches for the nfta

I do heating and cooling!

Been working at Delacy Ford since August. Left Paddock Chevy to go there after 4 years. I handle marketing, promotion, social media, eBay, and work with tv, radio, and print accounts.

And then the Buffalo Motorama for 3 years. The BIGGEST indoor custom car and bike show in WNY. Took the show from death to the premier show around.

Few others are RodandPiston.com for 15 years running the website and multiple car shows and cruises all year. And also Buffalo Branding with markets and creates identities for businesses.

There’s more, but those are my big ones. Yep, I like to stay busy.

whats the new gig?

I’ll be out in cali this week, but make sure to say hi you poo stabber

I am a electrical engineer for Verizon Wireless. Pretty decent job security since every preschooler needs a cell phone now! haha Its a sweet gig, I really enjoy it.

Was your basic manufacturing engineer in Buffalo, traveled away to do more schooling and work sort of free lance data engineering for some race teams in the UK.

Now a “special projects” and race engineer at Roush for them good 'ole boys in Charlotte making cars turn left faster.

Current testing/project demo bitch that works for me - Travis Pastrana. Absolutely dirty dream job.

Not a fan of Roush, but amped about what you’re doing for them. thumbs up!

So you’re the reason my service has been absolutely horrible for the past 2 months? Good to know. :stuck_out_tongue: