How does one measure wealth

[quote=“JayS,post:39,topic:32801"”]

The question wasn’t, “How do I measure how happy I am”. It was about measuring wealth.

To put it another way, when Forbes puts out their 100 richest people list, I doubt they’re going around asking how many friends those people have, or how happy they are on the inside. :roll2:

[/quote]

:grouphug:

by how hot your girl is

and burnout miles.

[quote=“Chuck”"]

How do you measure ones wealth compared to yours.

[/quote]

Breast volume. Your girl vs theirs.

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:18,topic:32801"”]

doubt that, not me, but other members who dont post as much… i could think of a few in the mid 6’s

[/quote]

First of all that was a joke about actually earning(working for it) money.
Second of all I know most people on here make way more money than I.

[quote=“Chuck,post:23,topic:32801"”]

I was getting at on first looks I guage a person on their car,First impression is what we all get one shot at it.A car can say alot about a person

[/quote]

how old are you?

Warren Buffett drives a Lincoln Town car.

Bob Wilmers still has his late 90’s Camry Wagon.

I could just fucking imagine you walking around downtown one afternoon and think that those two are a couple of midrate lawyers or such.

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:37,topic:32801"”]

nyspeed baller != baller

99% of nyspeeders with 20k+ cars live at home with mommy and daddy

[/quote]

it’s funny cause it’s true.
:touchy:

Funny how people who have a lot of money don’t get there by spending it as soon as they have it. :roll:

I guess that’s why I’ll never have a lot of money. :lol:

Being in the 1% has nothing to do with being wealthy.

x…

[quote=“Xander,post:47,topic:32801"”]

Being in the 1% has nothing to do with being wealthy.

x…

[/quote]

What is the 1%?

Edit: I see post #37 now. I wish I had a $20,000.00 car.:cry:

[quote=“newman,post:24,topic:32801"”]

My car screams “my dad is rich”

[/quote]

haha, it really does.

I know a lot of people who have nice $20k plus cars for their age and all of them either live at home or their parents pay their rent. And I don’t think it’s stupid, Hell I wish my parents paid my rent.

beretta=least baller car ever. And i am happy with it.

To measure wealth though i do sometimes look at a person car, can’t help it though, I am always looking at cars.

Um. I live it home. Love it. Parents pay my rent/food/laundry ect.
I could have taken my $ I spent on toys and bought a house… But I chose not to.
Must make me not weathly at all.
Because, besides the money I have tied up in CD’s and savings accounts, everything else I own is depreciating as we speak

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:50,topic:32801"”]

Um. I live it home. Love it. Parents pay my rent/food/laundry ect.
I could have taken my $ I spent on toys and bought a house… But I chose not to.
Must make me not weathly at all.
Because, besides the money I have tied up in CD’s and savings accounts, everything else I own is depreciating as we speak

[/quote]

no it just makes you a sad, you say you have cash, if you had all this cash the smart thing would be to move out and grow up…

also if you actually knew about investing, CD’s are the worst thing to invest in…

You are not wealthy, a $30K car does not make you wealthy, if you live at home and own a $20K car you are not wealthy…

Own a $1M+ house you are starting to get there, most places outside of upstate you are not going to find a livable house under the $300,000 range…

[quote=“66impalass,post:51,topic:32801"”]

no it just makes you a sad, you say you have cash, if you had all this cash the smart thing would be to move out and grow up…

also if you actually knew about investing, CD’s are the worst thing to invest in…

You are not wealthy, a $30K car does not make you wealthy, if you live at home and own a $20K car you are not wealthy…

Own a $1M+ house you are starting to get there, most places outside of upstate you are not going to find a livable house under the $300,000 range…

[/quote]

while your at it have get married and have kids before you’re 21;

Why are you in such a hurry to grow up? I bet you rarely have fun…

Cost of living is what makes Buffalo so hard for me to leave

[quote=“66impalass,post:25,topic:32801"”]

a place to live can say that much more, as well as how a person dresses, haircut, etc…

[/quote]

I’ve realized you can’t judge people by the whole looks thing. Mostly bec. I still dress the part of a 12 year old kid. Also I had long hair for many years, until realtively recently. I think I’m doing alright though. I got a good job, own my 2 dream cars, and am moving into the house I just bought Aug. 1st. I’m 22.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:52,topic:32801"”]

[/quote]

Yeah, six figures and NYSpeed considers you rich! :lol:

X…

[/quote]

For sure. That’s signature worthy…

Why are you in such a hurry to grow up? I bet you rarely have fun…

[/quote]

NEVER SAID THAT, BUT JESUS PEOPLE ARE 20/21/22+ LIVING AT HOME LOOKING AT BUYING AN M3, THATS JUST FUCKING RETARDED… THERE IS A POINT WHEN ITS TIME TO LEAVE MOMMY AND DADDY AND SEE HOW MUCH LIVING ON YOUR OWN ACTUALLY COSTS. I AM IN NO HURRY TO GROW UP, BUT LIVING AT HOME IS FUCKING STUPID, NOT MATTER IF YOU DO GET ALONG WITH YOUR PARENTS OR NOT. I CAN SAY I HAVE FUN MORE THAN YOU WOULD THINK, I HAVE THE MONEY TO GO OUT AND HAVE FUN WHEN I WANT TO, AND LIVE ON MY OWN AND GET WHAT CAR I WANT, I AM IN NO WAY WEALTHY THOUGH. THE SHITTYNESS OF THE UPSTATE IS WHAT MADE IT SO EASY TO LEAVE.

TELL THAT TO THE MULTI-MILLIONAIRE THAT IS ABOUT TO WRITE THE CHECK FOR YOUR FEES, “OH BUT I AM A SMART AND GREAT GUY”. PEOPLE ARE COMPLETE DICKS MOST OF THE TIME, AND YOU HAVE TO LOOK THE PART TO GET THE PROPER RESPECT WHEN DEALING WITH PEOPLE. MOST OF THE TIME AN UNEDUCATED PERSON DOES NOT CARE IF YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, ALL THEY CARE IS THAT YOU LOOK LIKE YOU DO.

Uh, caps lock dickhead. It’s right next to the letter “A”.

^ I agree looks, dress, being well groomed is extremely important in the business world

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:58,topic:32801"”]

^ I agree looks, dress, being well groomed is extremely important in the business world

[/quote]

As is being able to locate the caps lock.

I like to look at wealth as time.

i.e. If I quit my job today how long could I sustain my current life before having to make compromises?