How fast on a motorcycle?

Naw, you just get sent to the local Chinese restaurants and you become the buffet special the next day…

yet another reason I only ride sportbikes with full leathers, gauntlet gloves and a* boots. leather saves asses

eh… I don’t necessarily look at the speedo when I’m laying on the tank. More concerned with what in front of me. I haven’t topped out the Boss Hoss yet, but my 750R was pretty quick.

180’s-90’s on speedo so who knows i just held out 6th till it stopped pulling…

not a fan of takin my eyes off the road at those speeds… thats alot of feet per second

^ what the fuck it that?

will leather save u at 150mph?

better than jeans

Depends, but yeah it will do better than jeans and a t-shirt…:gtfo:

I’ve heard of alot of success with racers getting off at those speeds on the track.

At that speed though, and on the street, if you collide with something, no matter what gear you have you’re gonna be in a lot, LOT, LOT, of trouble.

Yes… Ive seen people walk away from 150+ with full leathers… might burn threw in a few spots but you might live… as long as you dont impact somthing like a tree/car/truck

and on the ZX7r pre re-gearing it did 186 (speedo indicated)
after (-1,+2) it toped at 167 (speedo indicated)

yes actually. i mean it depends on what kind of suit you have (agv or teknic vs. dainese or alpinestars as to how the stitching holds up/thickness of the leather) but yeah, a good suit will definitely save your ass at 150mph. as said before, if you collide with something you’re f’ed either way.

a buddy of mine has crashed at 180mph a few times and had his skin intact thanks to leather

edit: that’s why I held out for a dainese suit rather than cheapo. it can save my ass

I disagree ^ but it’s not on topic.

You cannot put AGVsport in the same category as technic, and in the reviews I’ve seen, agvsport outperforms some of the most expensive suits in most categories, seam tear, seam abrasion…

More money does not ‘always’ a better suit make…Look for independent reviews. Look for a CE certification on the entire suit, not just the padding inside…

Ride safe…when you’re not going 180+ :), there’s really no way you can go that fast “safely”…

I figure at 150 u would die

i had an agv suit and it was crap. i’ve seen teknic stuff on racers that looked good. i guess its all what you pay (low end vs. high end). but the point is that leather can indeed save your skin even at high speeds. which is true

and again really the only thing that would kill you is if you hit something. if you’re just sliding, you’re fine

the speedometer was at 138 on the 87 honda hurricane. it had nothing left to give. i really didn’t feel the need to go any faster anyway.

SLiding never really killed anybody… infection, bleeding, and trauma from collisions are typically what did the deed.

“I’m not afraid to crash at 180 mph, its the sudden stop that makes me nervous”

most ironic post I have ever read

It means that this post is a disgrace to sport bike riders and that the only thing sadder than your claim to be a master rider is your relentless attack on the English language.