How large of a cam...

heres a cam for you, might be much on your handling but i would use this in my setup
99-TR230/236-112 Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft - 230/236 .592/.602 112 LSA 2400-6800 RPM Power Band. Excellent mid-range & high RPM power. 3200+ stall, 3.42+ gear, computer tuning required. Due to the fast ramp rate of this camshaft, the use of 1.8 rockers is not recommended. $389.99

I got my entire kit from thunder racing
cam, pushrods, titanium retainers, comp 918 springs and some new gaskets.
my lobe sep. is 111

thunder racing or Texas Speed and Performance, both have very good cam kits!

well it seems that from everyone i talk to, that its not valve seals… seems like it has to be piston rings…
i’ll try to check that out this week, but i’m too busy wiht projects/finals week coming… i dunno… it kills me to tear down a motor that is running great… too bad it lets out fog clouds of smoke

i said check compression. fuck what ppl say check compression and that will tell you if have a weak cylinder

well, what kinda rwhp will this torquer v2 generally net me??
i know how much quik’s cam will, so i want to compare it… if i’m gonna pay a lot more money for 5 more hp, then its not worth it… however… if i pay more money for 20, then it might… i need some comparisons

go on tsp site and check it out…

they got 416rwhp stock heads

race cams will be same price as a DD cam, new. but remember with a race cam you wont be happy as a DD. its what you want to decide what you want to live with. a radical package or not. youll be around 430rwhp with a Trex but most dont recomend using it as a DD. some have but reality its a full out race cam.

also with some large cams more higher rate springs are needed. where mild cams can use 918s

its up to you want you want to live with and want out of it.

and you know what we call those people… PUSSIES!! :slap:

agreed

how do you feel about the torquer v.2 cam as a DD cam???
i’ll drive the car in the summer as a DD, along with riding my biek A LOT, but it will sit in the winter… i want someting that will make me some good hp, w/o having to get anythign other than new springs (as far as i know, you have to get new vavlesprings, no matter what cam you get) - i dont wanna replace the whole valvetrain… So, if this torquer v.2 can get me a lot of power (i love the rumble of a nice cam, and don’t mind how it bobs you around a bit) and i dont need to replace the valvetrain in the car, i can just throw it in when i rebuild - then that’s what i’m likely to go with
as long as it is still streetable - yea i know, everyone’s idea of streetable is different, but… i dont wanna spend the money rebuilding this car, adn then wish i had done more to make it more powerful

very streetable, u just do valve train with any big cam!!!

just get the thunder 230/224 it works well for me. What other proof do you need. A couple of hundred passes for me and I can use it as a daily driver but I choose not to.

reverse split cams suck

and why?

because u own one :bigok:

so, now i’m hearing that if i get something like the torquer v.2 or quik’s cam, not only do i need springs (which i knew) but i have to get pushrods too??

btw sam, you apparently didnt completely tune out the cats on my car… i got the same SES light but for the passenger side this time…

you can run stock pushrods if you wish but being a manual and a missed shift bent pushrod but on the other note with stock pushrods, i would rather bend a stock rod then bend a valve.

bring it up to me and Ill fix it. Buy the 224 cam and buy 918 springs and ull be fine ull need nothing else besides maybe a timing chain. O yeah new seals to which only cost around 40 or 60 bucks.

what 224 cam?
thing is, i still wont’ be lookin at much more if i go with a larger cam…
i hate spending money… just gotta pray the block doens’t need machined i guess