How large of a cam...

its the cam i showed you specs on, dont you pay attention? i mean it doesnt cost you any money to pay attention. since we all know youre a tight ass with your money

so this requires you to be a total douche-bag? i wanna save myself as much as i can… and i do know what 224 you pointed out, i guess i just dont know why he’s tellin me to go wtih that one… unless its b/c you dont need to replace rods and all kinds of other shit if you do go with it…

cause you want power of a race cam but also want DD ablity. the 224 is perfect for a DD and strip

hmmm… ok, so to CLARIFY…
if i would go with a 224, then all i’d need is springs for the valvetrain?
btw quik, did you get rid of urs, or is it still available…

honestly, i’d rather have teh larger cam… i dont think i’ll have any driveability problems, especially if i have it tuned… i dont wanna be dissapointed and wish i had gone larger…
bigger problem now is coming up with the money… i know now that i need a certain amount no matter what cam i choose, cuz they’re all the same price… so - just gotta maek sure the funds are available when the time comes… which is approaching way to rapidy

…as i said. do it. sometimes i wish i wouldve done this, but it wouldve ruined my whole theme i have goin on my car…lol

awaiting on money order for sale of cam

also remember with larger cams youll have money in a tune. and tunes can cost some pretty penny. ed wright is about 450, PCM4less the i guy i used was 250 and there are plenty of others for around that price.

you dont need pushrods unless the cam is way off then you would have to get pushrods to make up hte lenght difference

some companys sell kits which include cam,lifters and pushrods

youre theme is cool :bigthumb:

i agree, nice theme i don’t even have an ls1 yet and i have most of mods. tell me i don’t work backwords :rolleyes:

I dont know who ur talking to about building u a bottom end but u better make sur ethey know what there doing. I dont care if they have been building bottoms ends for years. This GenIII motor needs to be built with someone who knows what there doing or it wont last. Also I dont know how much ur looking into spending for a block but used u can get a good one for around 1500 to 2000 and new between 2500 to 3800 built with good internals. For what u wanna do a 224 is the best thing for u yeah u could go bigger but for 5more HP aint worth it especially when ur going to spend 3 to 400 more. But then again what do I know I mean I put in 2 trex cams, one magic stick, four 224, one 220, 3 231 237 cams, three zo6 cams, and I forget what other ones I put in before.

ok, so how am i oging to spend 3 to 400 more by going with a larger than 224 cam? do you mean by needing pushrods and other random junk??

and, i planned on having Domination tear the motor down and put it back together… As far as needing machined, i wont’ know til its torn down…

First if u buy the 224 u only need 918 springs which cost 160.00 new and u dont need pushrods. If u buy a cam with over .600 lift u need the springs that are good till .650 lift which cost around 280 to 350. As for the person doing ur motor I found that kida funny being I thought he was jsut a chassie sponsor on here and I thought that sponsorrs werent suppose to step on sponsor toes on here. This is the 3rd time I heard of him working on the LS1 style motor and I think its bullshit. The sponsor on this site are suppose to help one another out not take business away from other shops.

o boy, its getting hot in hurre

its bullshit

Ok, how is he taking business from you?
I’ve been going to domination or bgblockelcamino for 2 years now with all of my problems… LT1 or LS1… Jeff said building motors wasnt his cup of tea, so i’m gonna go to Domination… how is he fucking you over… he hasnt given me any sort of advice here… he’s only said he’d do it and has left what parts i buy up to me… and he’s not just a chassis/rollcage person… he pretty much works on anything as far as i have known…

and ok, i understand your argument with the cam… sounds like a fine idea to me… i was looking at the torquer v2, but if i’m gonna spend a shitload more money to get it, and only get 5 more hp, you’re damn right, its not worth it

what about a LS6 cam? how does it match up compared to this 224/224?? used LS6 cams with low miles are very cheap on ebay

edit: n/m, doesnt relaly seem like it would be… and if i’m doing this, i want something lopey and mean sounding… not that really smooth idle

LS6 is a puppy cam. very tame and cant even tell its in the car. its a popular choice for ppl with 4.8 trucks.

how have you delt with them for 2yrs?

u know what u came to me asking for advise and I told u what to do. U ask anyone on here who the fbody guys are and who does the most work to fbodies. Ur the third person I heard of that he did work for that has an fbody. I thought I was told before that the sponsor had an agreement but I guess not if they did he should have said go to the gys who work on these cars. I also heard 2 of them jobs he beat the price jsut to get the work yeah u may think Im being an ass but thats not the way its supposed to be.

I dont have much of an opinion on it… its not my problem… if you guys have a problem, that’s b/w u guys… but i didnt come to you b/c i wanted advice… yes, while i was there ( you guys are the f-body ‘experts’ as far as most are concerned) i got some advice… but the whole reason i came was to get the o2 sensors fixed… i had a very bad feeling that it would need rebuilt, and you guys were the last hope of telling me maybe everything was OK - well, of course, knowing my luck, everythign isn’t ok… I’m trying to understand your beef, but i guess i just dont know the whole story, and its probably not my business to know the whole story… i’ve been talking to jay since two days after i bought the car about doing something about the motor… so its not like i’ve gone to him b/c he’s underpriced you guys…

and quik - why do you ask… its been over 1.5 yeras since i was first down at Jay’s place to have him ‘fix’ the cat on my LT1… so wtf are you trying to argue with me about now?

btw, you were partially correct with the exhaust… i fixed it, but the tranny still has a clunk when outta gear and going off-camber into a corner… doesnt seem to move the whole tranny, seems to be inside… i :dunno: all is fine if its in gear tho… something is loose… o well… that’s off topic…
the point is… something needs done witth the engine… money allowing - soon

if you want to PM me a price to rebuild, you’re more than welcome to, but that’d be doing exactly what you’re bitchin about, so i dunno… sorry… go ahead if you want tho… lemme know what you think it’d cost for the whole kit’n’kabootle… but then you’ll be all pissed if i still go with Jay, b/c he’s <10 miles away… so - do w/e the frig u want… just dont’ get me into the middle of it