How much are you spending this winter? Black friday / X-mass

So I’ve already spent a million bucks and was wondering how much everyone else was going to spend.

I went into Best Buy this weekend to look at appliances and ended up walking out with a new TV. There was literally no line. I was in and out in 5 minutes.

So my question is are you spending more or less (total) then last year?

Less, I’m spending very very very little this christmas

spending more or less the same, but only on a few people. less filler, and more worth while gifting.

More.

More. I just spent $3000 on house stuff for myself. For everyone else, about the same.

This thread is retarded.

I’m fairly sure you’re title should be changed to “Beck Jr”

Interested because all the news stations are saying projected spending is up up up. When I went to the local stores there weren’t that many people even there. I know internet sales account for a lot but I haven’t heard any stories of people getting trampled at Walmart, so I’m wondering if everyone is just holding back a little this year.

So do you think the news is exaggerating sales this year or not? I do.

FYI the pole is private so no one will know how much you plan to spend.

I was just so utterly shocked to see that best buy was not flooded with shoppers at noon on black Friday.

Actually all the news stations were saying spending is flat this year, and more focused on necessities as opposed to luxuries. People are all about cheap and useful.

You should have seen it at 4am…

Did you camp out for it? How was the turn out? I’ve never done that before, do you think it was worth it?

I spend 0 on Black Friday, as I find much better deals with 10 minutes of online searching as opposed to waiting in like for 3 hours of my life in store. My plan is to spend the same as last year but I’ve pretty much already went over that on the girl.

The key is to find the black friday deals that are online, particularly early. Nothing like logging on at 12:01 AM, getting the same deals, and going to bed, while all those shmucks camp out overnight when they could just log onto the website from their phone and save themselves the trouble.

Last year I got a 73" TV for $1100. This year I got all new appliances for $2500 and some small stuff. ($41 nike shox, $10 toaster oven, $69 7 pc luggage set, misc. kitchen stuff)

yep, here comes the dick measuring contest of who can spend the most on their families.

same as last year for the rents. overall though, more. im paying off the car early.

I don’t buy a lot of people gifts. I don’t even think I got my mom something last christmas. Oops.