How much commute can you handle?

<---- drives 45-50kmi per year. Commute doesnt matter.

I have about a 30-40 min commute to and from work (watervliet/latham to voorheesville). It really wouldnt be that bad if I had a vehicle that got better than 10MPG max… lol. With my bike, its great, but with the truck it comes out to be around $50/week JUST going to/from work. With a better winter car with better mileage, I wouldnt mind it at all.

i drive 25 miles each way to go to work, doesnt really bother me. but like other said traffic sucks, id rather drive further than deal with traffic

i drive 30 minutes to both work and school and love it, i have odd times so i usually never hit traffic which is nice

it takes me 5 min to get to work

45 min one way, tops in a car. 1 hr 15 min one way in a train would be as much as I could handle…

Living in NYC = overrated though. Crowded / expensive / owning car is a financial nightmare. I would not live in the metro area.

Unrelated, but would like to move back to Westchester County or NNJ some day…

My aunt lives almost nexy to heritage hills country club. off green birar. i LOVE it over there. and then her house shes building is off exit 26 of the northway. talk about commuting lol

Truly I think I am just going to buy a 20x100 houseboat or yacht next year and start cruisin our Country

i drive 40 minutes each way everyday. That is far enough, much more would bother me…

use to live out in schodack and commuted to central ave every day work now (25-30 mins 22 miles)

then i moved to guilderland and commuted every day to queensbury (50 - 60 mins 55 miles)

now i still live in guilderland and i drive up to central (10 mins - 6 miles)

i’ve done it all, i would say no more then a 20 - 30min commute if it was highway driving. but i agree the city is nice b/c everything is close but out in the rural area’s is where to live

:+1 there are some awesome roads up in our area!! I drive from Greenfield to Clifton Park 5 days a week. And last year i was driving from Northville (Sacandaga Lake) to Albany 5 days a week for school. It is all about how much you feel like driving. I love a long drive to work, it lets me chill out to and from work.

I’ve always had a 25-45 min commute each way and haven’t minded it one bit… Sometimes it’s kind of nice and you can find new routes so you can switch things up now and then…

Living “out there” isn’t always less expensive. Taxes may be lower and you have the luxury of pissing off your back porch without a care in the world but if you don’t have natural gas where your living, oil is not cheap. You also may not have sewer out there either and will have to have a septic tank. I’m not sure what the cost’s are associated with this, but if I had to guess, the cost of that may be higher then sewer as well.

I live 10 minutes from my office however the way traffic is in the Latham area by the Northway it takes me about 25 minutes to get to work.

I am in Ft Johnson and work in the state building on N.Pearl. Durring rush hour to and from take 31 minutes from exit 28 to 23. If nobody crashes, then that ride turns into a hour+. I can make it in rushhour on the bike inthe summer time around 28-30 without doing more than 80, some call it stupid, I call it I am sorry your parked and go around you. You also find more people who piss you off the longer you have to drive each day to work. And forget about driving you nice car to work each day, the miles rack up in no time and WILL get fucked up somehow. Get a daily POS.

I love my house, i am out in the sticks far enough to jump on a sled or dirtbike and go ride, park two cars on blocks in my driveway and pay less in taxes per year than most pay a month for rent/mort. I would never live in the city. I also like my job, easy to do pays good enough and is a normal schedual. 8:30 to 5:00 not a sec longer.

I spent $800 in oil last winter. Temp was around 62 at night 67 the rest of the time if we were home. I also remodeled the entire house down to the studs, so I have Rtwenty something insulation in the 2X6 walls and ceiling. And the furnace is a fucking monster truck, and we redid all the ducting to match its efficency. which is 89% when we checked it last week. Gas is expensive to install if you dont have it yet, CRD will tell you that one! Septic hasnt fucked up yet so I dont know about that one, and the well sucks. My water blows and I need to add a softner to it so there is $700 or so plus salt in it every so often.

It sounds like your taking the right steps to make your house as efficient as possible. Given for other people due to lack of possible funds or handy man expertise, this may be a different situation for some.

no doubt. Oil/vs gas isnt that bad now I guess. I know my parents house with gas heat was just as much as mine to run last year though.

But hoesntly people need to stop working for a living… and live your life every day. I would rather hate my job/commute and leave my work stress at the office and settle down in my happy home with my fam and friends.

Gas right now is about 45 cents per therm. It’s on the low side compared to last year.

i live on the schoharie county/ schenectady county line and drive to the other side of oneonta exit 13 everyday…not too bad now but this winter should suck with snow…drove to saratoga hosiptal last year that was a shitty ride…about an hr is about the max i’d go but i wouldnt hesitate to drive to binghamton for 25+ an hr…can you say sleeping in your vehicle???

work to live, dont live to work