How much do you have in your "street car?"

$5000-$10,000 category…but just barely.

I think i get the award for most money thrown into a car that still runs barely better than stock times, if even better at all :lol:

Over $100k if you count the garage I put it in. Came with a free house though. :gotme:

Yeah, maybe $150 bucks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Too much.

13.8 :slight_smile:

Just to make some of u guys feel better…

$2000 in short blocks…I had one short block rebuilt by Jan-Cen with ARP main studs and rod bolts. But, kept the stock hyperu. pistons. Lean cond. took out 3 pistons on that $1000+/- shortblock. Then I used a stocker, thought I had the lean cond. fixed…nope. Got another stocker…and its still together.
$1349 in camshafts…since the GM Series II engine was still evolving (mod wise) There was a mild cam dubbed the VS cam $275 that came out first. Then this big lopey cam that sounded cool, but had enough overlap to really shit up my intake dubbed the Intense Stg. 3 $299. Then the current cam dubbed the XPZ cam $450 since it requires custom length pushrods E/I. But I killed it (pushed the “key” over half way around the cam when engine seized) with my last engine destruction, bought a new one. Only had to spend $275 since I had the pushrods. Well, actually throw another $50 since I needed 6 Exh. pushrods…all were bent.
$3099 in heads…First pair I bought were a ~supposedly CNC P/P’ed with stainless valves/oversized valves. Had to use friggen Lead Subst. They def. flowed but, I bought them used and were quite abused and were on barrowed time. Purchased a pr of new heads for $1599 best things out…well, now there’s talk of some aluminum, CNC castings coming out…DAMN IT!
$800 into W/A Intercooler…Bought this sweet mods and it DEF. made a big difference. I changed the front mount rad. a few times (kept buying bigger and bigger rads.) and now adding a resv.
$750 for headers…SLP made headers…not much else to say…lol
$3900 ZZP Transmission…4340 input/outputs shafts, 2750 stall, 3.29 gears (new chain) Extreme Duty Clutches/bands…evvvverything u can think of.
$350 DHP PowrTuner…PCM scanner/writer

ALOT of money on gaskets!

$50 Intake Manifold gasket set
$160 Cometic Head Gaskets
$10-$15 Supercharger Gaskets

Could have saved myself some money if I would have found out the “lean condition” problem early on. It ended up being rust in the tank = fuel pump getting clogged = fuel filter getting clogged = inj = ect.

There’s ALOT of stuff I left out, I spent alot on new lowering springs, brakes, ect.
Gotta lover this addiction I eerrr mean hobby. :smash2:

corvette tax sucks i hate it

holy shit dude, a 4k$ trans. what kinda power/times u making. better be faster than studderins for that $$$

Since he had the pretty much the same setup (cam, IC)with a few exceptions…on paper I should be in the 11’s like him. But, I never got to the track. I’ve ran Sherm and stayed even for 3 runs. So, wont know till I eventually get to the track or a dyno.

you cant look at it like that. ZZP has proven to have one of the best if not the best trans out there for us w-body guys. Plus that price includes $350 for trq converter and $500 core charge since Shawn never sent his old one back.

Just to add…If I could do it all over again…I would have saved ALOT of money. I would have bought the 2nd pr. of heads in the first place, would have made 100% sure the fuel system was clean. Would of saved alot of money…but, I guess I got alot of experience…lol

i know…i should have proken up my paragraph…but im aware of this. i would assume that includes a whole new gearset though. im not mocking, just sayin. im not one to speak on money spent on car

edit: im with u, three lots of things i shouldnt have bought, etc etc etc… its all part of the learning experience

:tup:

Forget a zero?

winner :tup:

LOL…we should start a thread about how much $ you lost when sold.

I had over 20k invested and I dont regret it because I felt like a charitable organization when I sold it for what I did and I sleep happy at night with good feelings of giving. :stuck_out_tongue:

From the sounds of you guys that would cause a mass suicide.

Nah…at this point its in the past and a laughing matter.

I even went so far as to get another one of the exact same car as to give myself a good chuckle in 5 more years.

Note to self: Buy 2TurboZ’s car in 2012.

Dont forget…contact Woody for references :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to see a graph of 1/4times/hp vs money spent

Lot of people spend a lot of money and still have slow cars