How much is your car worth...to you?

i’ve though of this many times, and named a price and blah blah blah. to be honest. im prob never gonna sell my truck. this summer, i put so much work and money into it, and i kno everything about it now, that its really the only car i feel totally comfortable working on. i put so much time, money, and care into it (not jsut this summer, but since i bought it) that it would be very very hard to let it go. considering all things, i would have to say if some1 offered me 20 grand on the spot for it, and primised they would take it out of state somewhere far far away so i would never see it, then i would prob sell it.

i kno it would hurt if i saw some1 else driving my truck around, and i dont even know how it would feel if i just knew some1 somewhere was driving my truck around. people say “its only car” but its a lot more than that to me. call me crazy, but i’ve had a lot of good times in my truck, a lot of bad times, almost died a coupple times, and invested so much time and money into it, and to see it all back together and then being able to enjoy the fruits of my labor…i just dont think i could be happy if i sold it. at least not for a long time, anyway.

id prolly ask for ~$25k … however, i’d have to really clean the car up for it to sell for that. i have well over that in its current parts, but unfortunatelly itd be tough to sell at that price

people would prolly get it for ~20k…lowballas

$16k cash takes away the Corrado. That’s a HUGE loss for me, but I am being realistic.

8k takes the GTi and 10k takes the TDi. otherwise i dont want to part with them:)

worth would take at least 4 to get her off my hands

some of you guys saw what happened with the VR4… every check for a while went into it. Then I took a huge loss on it just so I didn’t have to see it sitting in my driveway.

I only kinda regret it. When I think of the times when it did run… but then all the times I add up the receipts for it, and all the down time it had… I’m glad I didn’t lose more $$$$ on it.

Hey Mike, it’s spelled, someone This isnt Myspace.

$47.499999999 skajillion

I’d give you a $100 for the Cockccord, and then I would run it into a tree, while you were writing me a receipt.

I couldn’t part with my car for less than $7k, but since I will never get that, I guess I will hang on to her for a few more years and let the rust eat her up until she’s only worth $1500 and some douche on ebay wants to buy her.

I’d strip her down to a tin can and roll her at watkins before I sell it for 1500. :smiley: I’d rather wreck her my own way than watch some douchebag put it into a wall at 130mph.

I don’t think I could ever justify the sale of my MR2. No one can take away what I’ve done with that car the last 5 years. It’s aught me everything about cars.

The Lotus is the car I have always wanted. So, I don’t think I’d sell that either.

The Civic…is worth too much to me, bec. if I sold it for $1000, I know I couldn’t find something as good for that money. It may look a little rough, but it’s a rock solid runner/driver.

I have no attachments to my current vehicle…it gets me where I have to go for now. I know a certain person that would probably be sad to see it go because it is such a sweet ride :rolleyes: :wink:

Corsillac. Pimpest ride EvAr.

x…

let’s trade :slight_smile:

ROFL

For my car I would say 20K takes it.

Every time I even consider selling it, I think of all the good times we had, and I can’t bear to part with her. I don’t think I could put her in a wall, no matter what happens. Although, the beater civic I am driving right now - there has to be a wall around here with it’s name all over it :slight_smile:

$300 for the SHO, would I sell it. No

I sold my last car, and it got blown up. That wasn’t fun.

I think we’d all sell our cars for a lower price to someone who we knew and knew what they intended to do with the car than to a stranger.

For my honda, 3000 is what I would want.
But for me to sell it right now…I would need more like 5.
Just because I kinda like it.
Which is saying something coming from me