How much is your car worth...to you?

$10k would pay off the loan and leave enough for me to buy a beater and not have a payment.

Damn you guys have some strong emotional attachments to what is nothing more than a machine.

yeah id sell mine to my one friend who has a very very good appreciation for what my truck actually is, and he takes incredible care of his cars/trucks. if it came down to it and it was a life or death matter and i was forced to sell it, it would be to him.

with all the time, effort, money, TONS of new parts (OEM and aftermarket) i probably wouldn’t sell it for less than $9000 asking price or so…

but if somebody did show at my door with like $7500, i would have to STRONGLY consider it…

Who blew it up!? :mad:

wrx $18k…
truck $37k…

Nope. I have a lot of more important things in my life and a lot of better things to do with my money than worry about what happens to a pile of metal, plastic, and rubber after I sell it to someone else.

i just bought a black '95 M6 Z28 from a guy in VA, with 74.5K on it. it came with 18" rims, moroso CAI, 3" exhaust, and JBA headers. i spent $4900 on the initial purchase, and have already spent about $700 on misc. parts: starter, alignment, fluids, tuneup, etc. another 1K in additional stuff like MSD wires, MSD opti dist., hurst shifter… and i’ll have it where i want it.

not the quickest thing out there, nor the prettiest - but i’ll have it paid off very soon and get a Lot of compliments on it. i can afford the parts, and it’s fun to drive. it’s not an LT4 vette… but this is something i can afford.

next car’ll def be an LS1 M6 car. i’m really pleased with this one, but am also aware that it’s an 11yr-old car and isn’t nearly as responsive to mods as the LS1. would i sell it? eventually, yes. right now - nah. unless if someone offered me 10K (which it certainly isn’t worth) so i could tack on a little more for an LS1, it just wouldn’t be worth it to me. however, it meets my needs at this point in my life - which is all anyone can ask for.

i’m not married to the car, nor will i cry a river if something happens to it. but i’m very happy :slight_smile:

I’d do $4,000 - $4500 for the Jetta.

I dont really get attached to cars,if I profit from selling it then I can take my pick from the other 200 million + cars in the USA.

$1k takes it …

if someone waved $21k cash in front of my face i’d prolly take it…

for the SHO I would say 14-17K after i fix the minor rust spots. would I ever get it? no but thats what it would take to get it out of my hands.

20k for the civic

i get paranoid when other people r driving my truck or have it in thier posession. i think this started last year when Carubba Collision had it for over a month and a half (just to put onm a new tailgate and paint the front bumper) and they somehow managed to put 40 miles on it and they couldnt explain to me why. i was quite upset. now, when i have to take it in for service or anything, i never leave it and i try as hard as possible not to let it out of my sight. usually my mechanic is really good, we’ve been going there for as long as i can remember, and he really likes my truck and everything, so he usually lets me drive it up on the lift and lets me stand around while they work on it (and usually points stuff out to me, and sometimes even lets me work on it), and if it needs to be test driven, he goes with me and i drive it and his thing always is “does it feel right to you? its not my truck, i dont drive it everyday, so you’re better off driving it and telling me what doesnt feel right”

kinda OT, but it would just feel wrong to me if i sold it and saw someone else driving it around.

For fucks sake Mike, STOP TYPING LIKE YOU ARE ON MYSPACE. It’s spelled someONE, you ARE, etc. You made it through high school didn’t you? Type like it. Sentances, punctuation, capital letters.

:word:

As for my car, I’m too attached. Can’t sell it.

Mustang: I’ll never sell it…someone would have to offer me ALOT of cash, and even then I’d think twice, but still wouldn’t let it go.

SHO: if I could get it running properly it would take about $5k to sell it.

Everything is for sale my friend. Just gotta find the right price… :wink:

Seriously though, there is in fact a magic $# for my car, and untill that offer comes, the DSM stays with me. :tup:

I would take whatever I owe and let it go. My car has no value to me. It’s just a daily driver.

So would I and then jump in my car and drive away. Sucker.

hahaha i LOL-ed