how much money and time does it take to do a h22 swap into a 6th gen?

this is not my car, just a horror story i have witnessed. I’m holding back names, but will mother fuck any one of these cocksuckers in this thread at will if I’m told it is OK from the person who got fucked. in addition, i would have helped the person had i known them previously. to late for that now, but lesson learned.

so back to the question on hand-- apparently, more than a year and 10 grand :nuts:

well, i guess the 1st person took up the bulk of the year and 8/9 grand. they didn’t get shit accomplished other than overcharging by a good bit. funny thing is, 3300 is a “good price” for an h22 non lsd swap. i seem to remember getting mother fucked when i sold a us market h22 swap for 1800.00 could have been nice and got them good motor mounts instead of the cheap-o metal ones. i guess no conscious means it is OK to rip people off. maybe this person should stick to internet e-wrenching.

second place still fucked around, but at least did some progress work. only out 3 months and 700 bucks to them. most of the shit bought was stuff missing off the engine-- like map, iac, tps sensors as well as replacing the clutch slave…

now the car will get finished correctly, as it was taken to hybrid, where it should have gone to begin with as the other 2 shops were incapable.

6th gen accord? civic? And I don’t understand the above, you seem a bit heated though. Is this your car?

not my car, 6th gen civic. i do my own work thank u.

I fuckin hate people like that. Ive witnessed some shady shit with cars before were people got ripped off. Im not naming names…

Yeah thats sounds pretty shitty,but also sounds like the person is pretty gullible to get ripped off twice let alone not kick the first person in there cocksucker.

true, but 3rd times a charm in this case. they seemed to learn their lesson, as after getting fucked over 9k the 1st time, they cut loses after 700 the 2nd time. of that 700, i’d say 200 of it was b.s. charges but you know how that goes. for most part, 2nd shop made good on the parts section, just didnt do no work.

how’d they get so ripped off from the first shop?

1st shop/person should answer that. far as i know, they kept saying “its almost done” then milked the father for another 3k as the dad wanted to get the car done for a “gift”. the 3k was to be used for parts/labor, and never was. so far as i see, 1st person got 9k, cleared probably 6800 to mount a engine in a car crooked.

talk about wrapping sandpaper around the pee pee

and then ramming it up the hershey highway…

wow dude. We put an ls1 in a 240 for free…

Well I had alot of help too though.

Wow. That’s all I can say.

fuck that i’d name names and shit so we all know who to stay away from and who to reccomend to new people. for the past 4 - 5 years i’ve kept saying hybrid and jj’s are a sure thing.

Its a shame people get away with things like this. You have motherfuckers that talk up how good they are at working on cars, and how they are certified in this and that. And then when its time to perform, they have no fuckin clue. Usually talk is cheap, but i guess not in this case.

someone can give me $9000 to look at their car and mount an engine in, for that price I “may” even make sure it runs. /sarcasm

fuck shady people, DIAF.

post the name so noone else gets screwed!

Damn, that sucks.

damn… talk about getting it up the ass… I cant wait to find out who did this one…

sucks, could have used that 9 k, sold off the other car and BOUGHT a swapped 6th gen for the money they spent. I got ripped off when i was 18, bought a motor from a friend of the family… I was trying to swap in a 1.6 1st gen integra motor into my 1g CRX. Guy didnt understand me and got me another stock motor. Needless to say that thing ran on 2 cyl, more money/problems ensued after but thats another story. Happens with cars

hmmmm let me guess on this one… STRICT FAB

wrong, strict fab is shop #2. shop/person number 1 who did all the fucking is a member of this board too…