Omen Speed Works - Is this guy Legit?

Can anybody tell me if this guy - Damian Nunimaker of Omen Speedworks is legit or where his business is located? This guy made a deal with my 15 year old son to build a log style turbo manifold for his B18A swap, took his turbo and $100 for materials and has not returned phone calls or emails. The manifold was supposed to be completed 4 weeks ago and by the looks of things he may never see either his turbo, money or manifold.

Please don’t flame me, just tell me how to find this guy and give him a chance to make good on his committment.

Thanks,

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27340&highlight=damien

it’s not to say you won’t get your part you ordered or anything…but should make for some interesting reading. and honestly, the dude makes some good parts, probably worth waiting for, but you’re not the first person to complain about his customer service

SHit, beat me to it. He has a reputation around here, let say…

He posts on Honda-Tech in the Welding/ Fabrication forum all the time. Screen name is RCOOOE. If I were you Mike I’d be all over him to get the part RIGHT NOW. :rant:

Mark, That’s why I’d like to know where to find him! He really talks a convincing game and I’m obviously a poor judge of character from what I’ve read in the thread mentioned above. I’ve called, emailed, PM’d him on Honda-tech, sometimes he answers/replies, always seems to have a legit excuse. I think it’s best to visit him at home or business(if he has one) and at least get Micah’s turbo back.

He posted about a new location a while back in the fab forum-- you may be able to locate his physical address if you search around there and read past posts.

I know where his shop is…used to be the old Exotic Customs place on route 51, just before you hit Century II mall

You know what i had to say Mike, basicly what all is said here. That one thread is priceless though.

I’ll agree with grizz though… he does seem to turn out some nice pieces, though getting them and for a good price may be the other side of the coin.

Yes Jason, I do and I should have listened to you. :doh: I feel like a big dummy now…

I tried the Yellow Pages and Google looking for an address for “Exotic customs”. Do you have a physical address I can mapquest. Not looking to start trouble, just get his turbo back and hopefully some $$

fuck that shit dude. Keep it real and go fuck this dude up.

Exotic is above Brougher’s. On the left hand side of 51 before you get to Century 3 Mall.

Brougher’s, now there’s a place I remember from many moons ago. Thanks for the info.

Ok Mr. Hardass, stop slamming your fingers on the keyboard due to your low self esteem and insecurities. Grow the hell up.

Damion’s a busy man. He runs his shop and everything he builds is top quality, especially for a manifold. Haven’t seen him online for a few days, but you will get what you’re paying for. He’s not here to run a shady business at all. Here to vouch that hes a good guy.

Not knowing either party involved, it would seem to me that if you set a deliverable date, you either meet the date or inform the customer (preferably before the due date) that you will not meet that date and an explanation why. At least that’s how it’s done in the engineering world. Otherwise you get a reputation and work stops coming in, unless you’re indispensable because you offer some exclusive capability or product. My $0.02.

Mike, he is the guy who tig’d some my i/c pipes and did a very good job. I know where he lives but as someone else posted he has been very busy lately. He has a new shop that he recently opened up and he’s also been doing some work on a run of downpipes for fwd SR20s among his other projects.

so this guy owns PROCOMP??? they put out some amazing vehicles. i have talked to a few of them dropping off equipment and they seem all very nice.

Thanks for the encouragement. He seemed legit to me when this whole process started. Not to be rude but I’m a busy man too. I find it hard to believe he so busy he can’t return a PM, email or phone call. I have been careful to not bash, just state the facts and pointed out my goal is to have Damian make this right. Since you seem to know him could you kindly ask him to either return the turbo and my son’s hard earned $100 (he’s busy too) or deliver what was promised ASAP.

Matt, you know Micah and probably have an idea how hard he works for his $. You probably also know his passion for his cars even at the ripe old age of 16. Try to put yourself in his shoes he was promised a turbo manifold 4 weeks ago. Not only does he not have his manifold, he also doesn’t have his $ or his turbo! If you know Damian, please talk to him.

Don’t care how busy you are, if you are a month behind on a project he should have already called you… let alone return a call.

It’s rude, unprofessional and just a dick move, don’t care how nice a project is.

If he’s too girlish to make the call himself, he could have an employee or friend call and say “sorry it’s running late”

Damion’s a busy man. He runs his shop and everything he builds is top quality, especially for a manifold. Haven’t seen him online for a few days, but you will get what you’re paying for. He’s not here to run a shady business at all. Here to vouch that hes a good guy.

yeah, sounds like he’s running a hell of a business. Missing a deadline by a month and not even bothering to return a guy’s phone call. :rofl:

Hey guys, let’s all take our cars to that guy! :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

fuck off, faggot.

I would just like to mark this date in everyones mind, I actually agree with Darkstar.

Shitty business practice pushes away business no matter how talented you are or how good of bj’s you give.