how much money and time does it take to do a h22 swap into a 6th gen?

iirc, i asked if you switched back to the stock cluster yet, you said no. i mentioned to you to try that 1st. I dont ever recall saying it “couldnt be the cluster”. i do recall telling you damien is a hack, and you could call and tell him though. actually, im pretty sure i said that more than once.

as for the ecu, u are corect, it is not needed to swap from a non vtec to vtec sohc. that was brought up when you mentioned something along the lines of the vtec not kicking in at desired rpm point (in hindsight, it probably was but your cluster being fucked made it seem like it wasn’t according to the tach). i asked if it (ecu) was swapped to see how vtec was wired. you have a 6th gen non vtec, correct? so iirc, that is a p2e ecu. the vtec ecus were different, p2p’s i believe. if you swap computers, then obviously the vtec computer controls vtec you cut a pigtail and solder it in, no biggie. if you keep the stock non vtec computer, then you wire vtec in differently–off a rpm activated switch–like a shift light or whatever you desire. that why i asked about that. because vtec not engaging tells me one of 3 things. bad ground wire on oil pressure sensor, possible shorted out wire from the pull though the fire wall on the 2 wires that would go to the ecu, or the vtec solenoid itself possibly faulty.

either way, he is still a hack. congrats!!! he pulled a stock motor and basially replaced it w/ an identical motor that has vtec which means he ran 2 wires through the firewall from the vtec solenoids. master fabricater i tell ya.

by the way, did he paint your fenders and bumper cover for you? i hear he is good at it :wink: