how much power can stock a h22 motor make

http://b.mektroid.net/must_not_fap2.jpg

That has a Chevy motor. Its a little rough looking now- cracked hood and shit.

The orange one that was at LG last year is much nicer.

Truth. The first thing to go on the motors is the ring lands. After that start worrying about the rods. The sleeves can handle pretty much whatever you throw at them. Never seen a stock sleeve give out. Most people replace them so they can run normal forged pistons.

Whatever power? How about 9999999WHP?

Please be careful in giving PSI/HP ratio in such blanket statements. It’s misleading.

You would say that, do you really think I meant he could make a million whp when I said that? As far as the hp/psi ratio I know the Honda world, what I wrote is very close to what the motor will make. I’m sure you could guess what kinda power a vr4 would make with a paticular setup, same concept

dont get an h22.

Exactly, more money to mod and in return your get a shitty tranny. Go with b series

i will ban you if you take them down.

besides your gf. :slight_smile:

Giggedy

If you are very broke you shouldn’t be modifying your car. Put what money you have into an account for upkeep on the car or w/e but just don’t spend what little money you have on your car. Not worth it. Your doing the right thing focusing on college, keep it that way.

I used an extreme # to make a point. It can be read as the motor can handle large amount of power or more than one could want. That’s a lot of assumptions for one and a lot of retards would take it as fact.

Wouldn’t tune, turbo, supporting mods, etc… all have an affect on HP/PSI ratio?

Sure given the setup which you didn’t mention. The 3/S motor (God, I forgot the code) has made anywhere from 300AWHP-650AWHP+ at at 1BAR. Big difference.

How are they more money to mod? Theres nothing wrong with the transmissions either…

start off with a 97+ ex tranny get BISIMOTOS’ H2D swap, remove the balance shafts in the h22 and relocate the alt. to the rear b series location behind the motor…and do ur turbo…done! lol, i know thats easy to say but that would be the right way in my mind (provided u keep the stock longblock)

or if u really want an all motor reliable beast…then call up hasport and get their new J series V6 swaps…3.7L !!! aahhhhhhh!

IMO the trannys suck, I didn’t say you had to agree, if you like them that’s your thing I respect that. But for engine internals they are slightly more expensive and this is due to less people actually builidin h series and more building b

…what internals on an H series are more expensive than b series?

6G72 n00b :lol

Where did you find this information?

+1 Yea, you can’t buy a DC header and make power on a H22, but that is because it is good from the factory. If you have a B and a H next to each other, doing the same mods, when you came to the header and went with a DC (or any other off the shelf) header on the B, you wouldn’t need to replace the OEM piece on the H (thus SAVING you money). If you got into ‘real’ headers (RMF, Hytech, Bisi etc.) you’d be spending the about same on either motor.

What proof do you have they suck? It might be your opinion, but you’re also spreading misinformation. And the internals being more expensive has nothing to do with ‘less’ people modding them. The B-Series was around well before the H. So people started working with them FAR sooner. When the H did come out many people did not want to leave the beaten path of the B-Series. It might have been more to build an H series 5-10 years ago, but not today.

+1 You could make the argument that you ‘need’ to re sleeve the H in order to use forged pistons. But with the mahle golds that are now proven to work in FRM, there is no need.

yah, 6 years ago it sucked. And the cable trans does suck. just my own experience.