How much to LSx swap my XXXXXX?

You could if you were thrifty and could fabricate like Mikey.

I might even had told him that figure a month ago when he was over and I fixed his exhaust for the 35th time. lol

Then the more I looked into it and added up the figures, that number grew quickly.

You see the materials costs… subtract labor and insert your own busted knuckles and it can be done.

:hug Nothing bailing wire and ducttape cant pull off.

Bailing wire and tape eh ? I thought u were anti redline ?

:rofl

Shittttttt I broke my no picking on em promise .

I still have that convo from when we talked about it on fb, and yeah we were figuring right around $3k for the swap. If figures change its understandable, shit happens. Every number we made was a guess at that point. I still may be down for this, but not with this e30, a cleaner one.

yea you can do it for 3k… just get the motor and tranny for free and hope Mike is feeling nice enough to make mounts and headers for free

where are you finding a running LS for $540? That seems dirt cheap.

You guys throw around LSx and LM7 like its the same thing. Guys are like “yo man I’m a swap a LSx motor in my car for cheap”, but in reality it’s just a heavier LM7. There is nothing wrong with a LM7, just for some cars it’s too heavy.

education ITT.

Gone getting educated.

It’s part of the GM LS series, as is the LQ9/L33/L92/L72 and so on. The weight difference is ~70lbs between the iron and aluminum varieties. Doesn’t seem like a deal breaker to me, but some people might spaz over it.

not gunna happen!

yeah this list I made here was way more involved that the chat we had going. And I was way under on the labor after I started to itemized out the sub jobs to do a swap.

and LS you wont. those are aluminum blocks and still fetch about a grand easy.

the “LSx” like John said are the same exact engine, but with an iron block. Vortec motors out of trucks. The one for my RWD Jetta I paid $500 delivered to Albany Speed at the time. Thats a dime a dozen 5.3L (lm7). The LQ4 I have for the camaro now fetch about $650 on ave from JBAP. But I got the entire 2500 HR truck for $500, with a 4l80e, ecu, everything else. Scrap the truck and get back $200 or so, and its a great deal. But they are everywhere. Search on JBAP for a 2000 silverado 5.3L and 2 pages will show up.

GM really messed things up when they came out with the LSX crate engine. the LSx, x being a place holder for 1,2,3,7… (aluminum block), was the lingo, then nobody wanted to admit they put an iron block in and “gained” all that 70lbs, so the truck motors got wrapped up in the LSx name. That new 20K LSX confused everyeone even more now. :banghead

What year 300 you throwing it into?

Z32 body

big bodiesss

I want 2.5" true duals over the axle.

Gotcah covered. lets make it happen.

o we will.

Want My Z31? Would make a much better car for a transplant like that :excited