How to clean pet urine stain/smell from home carpet?

Finally located the source of pet piss smell at my parents…1’x2’ spot of dried urine behind the TV. Cleaned it several times last week with various carpet cleaners, turned an entire roll of paper towels yellow when drying it. Unreal. Still smells. What’s the right way to do this?

They have those Rug Doctor units you can rent at Price Chopper. I rented one for a day and it really cleaned the carpet quite well in the Schenectady shit hole I lived in.

What’s UNDER the carpet will determine what you need to do. Most often to get that cat piss smell out permanently w/o replacing the carpet you have to lift and clean from the underside

Place some antifreeze in a petri dish and leave it out near the stain. Problem solved

:lol

Just pray it doesn’t die in some inaccessible crawlspace :lol

Thankfully I can do that, thanks

:rofl

any of the stain and odor removers from petsmart have always worked well for me, i normally just spray the spot until it starts to foam up over the covered area. let sit for an hour, then place a wash cloth over the spot, let sit for another hour, then press hard and dab the spot until clean.

never had a problem yet

LMAO! At first I was like, “it absorbs the smell?”, then I realized lol.

As an owner of 6 (yes SIX) dogs, my advice is to replace the house.

just piss on it yourself, it will cancel the smell out

:rofl

My fiance and I had a problem with our puppy peeing in the living room all the time too because she could still smell it, regular carpet cleaners don’t cut it because like Boxersix said its whats under the carpet, but a good steam cleaning should do the trick, we had Sears come steam clean the rugs and put down a stain protector which has worked great, because she throws up ever so often from eating something she shouldn’t have and it comes right up with a regular carpet cleaner leaving no stain.

Get one of those faggots that sells carpet cleaners to come do a free demo.

only thing that gets rid of cat piss is fire

^Then what covers up burning cat?

Honestly, replace the carpet and the padding underneath it. You will never get that smell completely out. My dog pissed in a room with hardwood floors (no carpet) and i’m going to have to try sanding it down and re-poly it to see if that does the trick.

may be right

“you must spread reputation around before giving it to eatonualive281 again”

Its very hard to get pet smells out of carpets…I havent had a puppy in quite awhile but when we train a puppy we always confine them to the kitchen/florida room in our house until they learn to go outside, both of these rooms are tile and connect to each other leading to a french doors to our backyard. Then anytime an accident would occur the only way to get it clean was to clean it right away otherwise your screwed when it sets in!!:banghead

This. If it soaked into the plywood subfloor under the carpet sealing it with a primer sealer helps also.

Such as:

:rofl:rofl:rofl