How to start a '94 Caprice without a key???

Well, talked to the old owner of the cop car and the key for the car does not have the anti theft shit in it…so looks like I can get the ignition cylinder with key from Advance for like $10. I think that will be my plan…

To replace the ignition cylinder involves removing the steering wheel…I was hoping to have a faster solution.

So, anyone know some other quick and dirty ways to make this happen??? I’m talking thief style shit here…in and out.

you can borrow my pick set? its not as hard as you think. :wink:

LOL i love how shady this sounds. but i’m almost 100% positive you’re not trying to steal a 94 caprice anyways haha :smiley:

I would think just about any 9C1 key would work to start it.As far as i know they are pretty universal.Its a Fleet thing i guess.

OR you could try a shaved key,that were you shave down the key ridges.NOT all the way.just shave them down some.

Good luck and props for getting a 9C1 Caprice,i’ve owned many of them and still have one now.

Peel the colume(sp?) … or just have a locksmith come make a key for the door or truck … all cop cars are single keyed … meaning the doors and trunk are the same as ignition …

PM me if ya wanna do the thief way

actually GM made this plastic card with punch-out emergency keys, theyre blank plastic keys and i left mine at home (in ohio) so i cant give it to you, but im not sure where to get it either
but if you find one, theyre one time use so start it up and drive home

Good point,this is true.

Using it as a parts car for a winter project…LT1/4L60E from 9C1 is going into my dad’s '55 Chevy:)

PM on it’s way…

I think I’m going to borrow some keys from those who have offered their help, and if that doesn’t work use the slide hammer on the ignition cylinder.

Thats cool,sould give you’re Dad’s '55 some nice get up and go !

After the install,would not hurt to get the PCM reprogrammed.

OR,

http://www.madz28.com/

Also if you do get the reprogram,run a 160* Thermostat.

Agreed, it takes about 15-30sec.