How to start a '94 Caprice without a key???

I’m picking up a '94 Caprice 9C1 out of Cleveland that belonged to my roommate in college. Long story short, he lives in NYC now and doesn’t know where the keys to the car are (he’s kindof irresonsible:))

I can get into the car as it is unlocked, but I would like to start it up to drive it onto the trailer…but I’ve never had to deal with this before, so, any ex-thieves know any tricks here???

I’d take apart the steering column and try to identify the on/off +12V wire and the momentary +12V start wire.

If it was a fox body mustang I could tell you how to steal the whole car as it happened to me and I saw exactly what the thieves did. I do not know if its the same system but I can PM you what they did in my mustang to see if that is an option to you on the caprice. My guess is that it may very likely be similar.

you can push forward on the ignition switch rod to start the car (on top left of the column usually. The theft lock will lock the steering wheel tho and the car will be undrivable. You need to turn the wheel hard to one side while turning the key to unlock the wheel.

I would get the VIN and have a new key cut. The owner can get it done at a dealer or someone you kno can do it for u.

Jam a screwdriver in the ignition and turn for early 80s GMs

You probably need a title to get a key cut unless you know someone at the dealer

nahh… almost any mechanic shop can call in a Dealer Key cut. I can have it done right now.

Thats comforting

HA you dont have to be a mechanic, show up with the title to almost any dealer and they will cut the key for you…

you dont need the title to get keys made from vins at ray laks… … … just saying :gotme: well i never needed one i just walked in with vin 3 on a sheet of paper

get a jiggler key set

Thanks all :tup:…I’ll try to get a key cut at a dealer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-92-93-94-95-96-Chevy-Caprice-Ignition-Cylinder-Black_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQihZ016QQitemZ260179770131QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

about $28 on ebay… new ignition and key

no one said you had to be a mechanic jackass. learn to read

the only thing i need is a VIN… nothing else

you can buy those for about $15 at autozone.

yah get the vin and have the dealer do it, or stick a flat head in it maybe hit it in with a hammer…she’ll start

actually we get audited for this and you need to show proof of ownership and driver’s license if you want a key cut, otherwise you aren’t getting one from a GM dealer

get me the VIN and I’ll handle it for you, but I will need your License and proof of ownership otherwise I’ll get bitch slapped by GM.

I can call our store in lancaster as well if you need it soon

12v- red
ign - orange
start - yellow

thats if u want to hotwire it. but yah, the steering wheel will lock on you.

anti theft key FTL.

Where is Derrick when you need him