My car stole my key ... and it wont give it back.

Long story short my car stole my key. its stuck in the ignition and wont come out.

Car used to be auto and i believe this has something to do with that.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: July 25th

Ok I have gotten the key Back!!

But now it stole it again… This time in the drivers side lock…

Anyone know places that can cut broken keys? and how much

this happened to someone before i forgot whoo

If u look in your car manual, theres a way to get the key out… first u have to get the plastic trim off the body of the steering column , that should reveal a small latch near the key hole. flick that and taaada. The manual illustrates that its only meant for emergencies only.

try turning your steering wheel side to side should pop out.

Did you JUST do the 5 speed swap?

In that case, on 91+ models including all s14’s there is a cable which tightened when you put the car into any gear other than Park to make sure you dont flop out the key while driving.

In my Zenki s13 there seems to be an electronic control for this (wierd) and so all I do is basically press twice on the button and then it should come out fairly easy once you get the hang of it. You just have ti apply force as your pressing the release button. If it is a 91+ and you DO have the cable I suppose you can just snap it since its worthless…

You can find it if you take your shifter console out and right infront of the shifter there should be a cable there. NOOOOOOOOT the ebrake cable … you dont wanna snap that sucker.

Good luck.

A better avenue to explore is the key lock switch.

See the second post in this link

http://www.club240.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7581

my 180 did this

removed the sterring column trim and therre a small small release button to push, had to use a paperclip to mess aruond with it

Ok I have gotten the key Back!!

But now it stole it again… This time in the drivers side lock…

Anyone know places that can cut broken keys? and how much