Need some input/help

Hey all,

About 2 weeks ago my 240 was stolen from out front of my house. It has since been recovered. I went to go see it at the body shop that my ins adjuster sent it too. There is no damage to the body that I could see,(not anything that was already there) They,(the theives) put gas in it for me, all of my stuff that was inside the car was put in the trunk. It seems as though they probably used the car for a shoplifting spree as there are a whole bunch of hangers and boxes in the cabin of the car. Found what looked like a baggie of drugs on the shift boot, business cards, smoke packs,and the screwdriver that was probably used to get the car.

Now here is my Question. How could someone steal/start my car without a key, and without damaging the steering column??? There is no damage to the column whatsoever, We tried the keys in the ign, and they worked. Everyone involved is very puzzled by this. I have all of the keys for the car here at my home. I did get one key cut but that was for the door a long time ago. Could a person get a key cut from the dealer?

I am still unsure if I am getting the car back or not. Still in the waiting game.

If anyone has some light to share that would be great.

Thanx,
Chris

I don’t think anyone on here is actually going to disclose on how to steal a 240, cuz we will start seeing even more of these cars getting stolen.

If you have the tools and the know-how, cutting a key can be a pretty quick way to steal a car. Maybe a wiring trick? Who knows, at least they were kind enough to not snap your steering column.

dude 3 or 4 wires and any car is gone thats y i have all my wires in metal copping or if they were really good they made a skeleton key which they would just jam into the igntion but look under your dash for some lose wires

… look up a Jiggle Key Trick for Honda… and then change your locks…

I totally understand what you are saying. I just can’t figure it out.

It seems as though the ins company will be changing my tumblers. They suspect someone has a set of keys for the car.

Thanx,