HP ratings for turbos

anyone know if there has been a thread somewhere or if there is a list of the usual turbo applications on 240sx’s and about how much each turbo is good for as far as peak HP?

i’d like to see a list that included but was not limited to:

S14 T28
S15 T28
GT2540R
GT2871R
GT28RS

etc.

this is what i commonly see posted. off the top of my head.

s13 t25 - 250whp
s14 t28 - 280whp
s15 t28 - 300whp
gt2871r - 360whp

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/products/turbochargers.html

s13 t25 - 250whp
s14 t28 - 280whp
s15 t28 - 300whp
gt2871r .64 - 360whp
gt2871r .86 - 400whp

i’ve known people to run 300rwhp on an S14 T28 though?

theres a guy with a t28 s14 on FA with almost every bolt on in the book including a larger tb and ported greddy intake mani, 264 cams and all with 296 whp at 19 psi

a buddy in montreal had less than that and was running 302rwhp.

well whatever…

numbers vary with mods obviously. those numbers i gave are from a basically stock sr. only upgrades being turbo and injectors/maf/tune to run it. the guy making 300 with s14 t28 had some more parts like cams i believe

Are these numbers block specific?

*ducks

Will a T25 put out the same amount of power on a KA24?

pretty close. the KA has more displacement than an SR so it should make more power, however such a small turbo chokes the comparatively big motor, overall i think the KA will produce more power with the same turbo.

pretty close. the KA has more displacement than an SR so it should make more power, however such a small turbo chokes the comparatively big motor, overall i think the KA will produce more power with the same turbo.[/quote]

Rigth up to a certain point to as where you said the larger displacement
motor which needs more flow (CFM) will then be restricted by the T25.

numbers vary with mods obviously. those numbers i gave are from a basically stock sr. only upgrades being turbo and injectors/maf/tune to run it. the guy making 300 with s14 t28 had some more parts like cams i believe[/quote]

it also depends on the dyno, weather, and the correction factor people put in to the dyno

That’s because the S14 came with two types of turbos. Some are bb, and some are not. The bb one is no different to the S15 t28.

whats the best place to get these turbo’s? Whats the best bang for your buck turbo upgrade on an SR engine?

sorry i ask a lot of questions, i really wanna learn more :slight_smile:

thanks

-mike

Then Mike, you really gotta search more. No offence but there is so much info here, freshalloy, zilvia, 240sxforums, etc…oh and google.

Do some searching and them come here for clarity on concepts.

Asking a question like “best place to buy turbos” is a little silly I’m sure you would agree.

by best i mean best customer service, best prices, best reputation, because i know a lot of you guys have different opinions about different companies and such.

-mike

I hate to hijack this thread but I just HAVE to know. 1nf4m0u5 what the hell is going on in your sig bro? Is it some kind of metaphor for a fetish with bloody chicks?

^^ I was thinking the same thing. WTF :?

hahahahahah someone made it for me in another forum i frequent, i told him to put vida guerra in it and a 240sx, thats what he came up with lol dont ask me…