Hurt at work, would you sue?

Well if I knew someone was coming to my house for an installation or just people in general stopping by its common sense to make a safe walk path to and from the house. Its the home owners responsibility anyways to clear the sidewalks and its not like it’s been the crappiest weather to get off ur ass and do it.

If I was there when this guy claims he got hurt, things may be have been different.:snky:

There was a back hoe at the site.:smiley:

so the guy could have had a night with the “black hoe” and not and sue you…nice can i come work for you

I’d just let it go and chalk it up to a lesson learned i guess. If the people don’t look like they really have money to begin with, why make their life even more hell? Yeah you have your’s to worry about too, but if this was a car accident I’d say differently.

OP= scumbag

Seriously, it’s your god damn job to carry a ladder.
So what you are saying is I could run through someones front lawn, clip a VOTE FOR CLINTON sign and break my arm…I could then sue the land owner…and hilary clinton for making the sign,correct?
Could a truck driver sue because he got arthritis in his wrist due to shifting all the time (shitty example)

I’ve fallen at work before, and had some good scrapes and cuts but i would NEVER sue for my own wrong doing (that is just my morals)

Now, lets say you are driving the company truck and the brakes go and you get seriously hurt, then yes, I’d sue the company for not inspecting the brakes.

I hate how this country is so sue happy.

Today, I saw the aftermath of an accident, new jetta and a durango. The guy in the jetta was up and walking around and the lady in the durango was sitting still in her car while paramedics put a neck brace on her. All I could smell is lawsuit (neck injury)

Getting hurt is part of life.

I say no.

:tup:

Workers comp dude. I wouldn’t think about suing your employer if you plan on staying there. Also I would have to agree on what Rob said.

Edit: what do you do for a living?

I’m not saying that you’re the problem, so don’t take it that way, but from the sound of the OP, it sounded like you pulled a muscle or something and wanted to sue over it. Maybe it was worded poorly or whatever, but thats how it came off.

I’d talk to your employer and ask them if they can give you a few paid days off to rest/recover. If not, then maybe seek other alternatives… It just pisses me off to no end how a majority of the people in this country would sue their own mothers to make a quick buck… it’s disgusting.

Besides, when/if a future potential employer finds out about it, do you think they’re going to hire you, or the other guy equally as qualified? Might come back to bite you in the ass later in life. If you honestly feel your entitled, then by all means…

I don’t think he could even qualify and even if so… comp is a shit system. When I broke my right arm and seriously shouldn’t of been working (I use computers all day) by doctors orders, they were only willing to give me 400 a month which wouldn’t even cover my car payment and was pretty much forced to work to make ends meet. I’m pretty sure you have to be out of work for “X” amount of time to get it as well

ugh, this is the reason for the current state of the fucking populous.

Don’t sue anyone simply because you weren’t being careful.

Not only is it a PITA, it makes EVERYTHING involved more expensive going forward.

http://www.icespiders.com/

I’d buy a set of those and learn from my mistake.

BTW, I had a set of something very similar when I used to go to the ski-doo drag races they had in my home town on the frozen river and they worked great.

or get these

http://yaktrax.com/

i wear them all the time… I jog when there is ice all over the place. like 25 bux at EMS… get the “pro’s” with the velcro and your all set

and on you suing… that’s a personal question. But it speaks to your character IMO… If your HURT and CANT work and your life will be effected… Then talk to an attorney and explore your options. i know someone that has sued multiple times and they are completely fine… and i think they’re a scumbag

^I would never be able to get up a ladder safely with those.
And I was not planing on suing anyone. I just have people telling me left and right to sue. I figured I would post up and see if it is what it is. I have been working here for the same company for almost 4 years and have never had an accident. But this could not have came at a worse time for me. I really can’t afford to lose this money. Being that I am going to be out what I am guessing is going to be about $1200 all said and done, and I know comp is a pita, I just want this to never have happened.

+1

Is your driveway/sidewalk 100% ice free all the time? Would you want someone to sue you for falling on your property?

I fell at work in August and even if I didn’t own my own company and if it weren’t on my grandfathers property, I would not have sued. Shit happens. I just enjoyed the time off and everyone bringing me food and shit. I was in unbelievable pain too I couldn’t walk with out help and was out of work for almost two months before I got stir crazy and had to come back.

ibtheydrugtestyouandclaimyoutestespositiveforcocaine

As far as comp goes, it is only when you get hurt at work (not when you break your arm at home) otherwise you would need to put in for disability.
Normally you can’t sue your employer but construction laws in NY do allow you to sue your employer in certain cases where you are at a customer’s property.
You can thank the lawyer lobbists for that one.
Don’t sue.

you are correct… my bad, meant disability

Workman’s Comp. You don’t have any permanent injury, so they won’t have much to go on in a court case. If you broke a leg or cracked your skull then you would have something.

+1.

and why do you need to haul around a 28ft ladder? I had one in the phone company and they sucked, but those guys liked to use it everywhere, mostly because phone guys are skeered to climb it haha

I would seek legal advice if the pain persists and prevents you from working at your regular pace once you are back to normal. If you have been disabled on the job that is what workers compensation is for as well.

It’s not that easy to sue AFAIK. My ex girlfriend was in a car accident a while back that was 100% not her fault and even though tests showed she was fine she had a bad pain in her leg all the time. They couldn’t find anything so in that case she didn’t really have a case.

Good luck.