Hyundai surprises me more and more every day...

I’m sorry, but I tend to look at how the cars are after a few years, which at this point all I can do is compare ~5-10 year old hyundais to 5-10 year old Nissans, etc…initial quality is BS, whats the quality after they’ve been used…and in this department, the old hyundais from ~10 years ago don’t make me want one now. On the other hand Nissans and such, I’d buy in a heartbeat…because unlike the old Hyundai’s they’re not crapboxes, they’re actually quality cars. You can try your salesman games on me to convince me, but its not going to happen. I deal in used cars everyday, Hyundais are garbage.

i think the point being made is that hyundais being made now are exponentially higher in quality than the shit boxes that were being made 10 years ago and the perceptions that their earlier models made on the public are starting to fade.

I will agree that they old Hyundais were garbage, “throw away cars” as they were built and priced to be. However what 10 year old nissan would you want that consists of quality? I sure hope its not red lol, we all know how a 10yr old red nissan would look.

I’m not sure I follow about the red thing? Were their red paints then bad? lol I’ve had a couple '01 Altimas to sell, some late 90s maximas, early 2000s maximas, sentras…they’re all pretty decent, reliable, cars with minimal rust. The biggest issue they had was the radiator support would rust out, but other than that they did well at preventing rust compared to the early 90s Nissans/Toyotas/Hondas…and even then, the radiator support is only a $130 part, just an 8 hour job to replace it…

I love my 27 year old Nissan though :slight_smile:

maximas yes i will agree, however they were priced THOUSANDS more than any hyundai in early 2000’s and i have yet to see a 10year old altima/sentra in “good condition”

My 11 year old Nissan is still running strong, even though I beat the piss out of it.

You don’t look very hard if you dont see any 10+ year old altimas and sentras in “good condition”. We’ve had quite a few that had no floor/frame rust, and minimal body rust (only spot on one was around the windows on the rear doors…), but they ran and drive like a new car.

with your name and your sig i can see why you stick up for nissans, but to be honest id take a hyundai sonota/elantra/genesis over almost any nissan car being produced now, and their cars of the past arent anything special… especially resale value since almost all models are basically worthless now compared to honda/toyota

:picard: no they did not, when was the last time you drove a quality new vehicle?

Wat?