I am oh-so-glad to be leaving the Altima "tuning" scene

I don’t believe that you actually are blocking my posts for a second, you like arguing too much. Or maybe I’ve proved you wrong so many times you don’t want to embarrass yourself anymore? :rofl

Here’s the story. I had $6,800 in the bank spring of 08. My dad said I could either take that and run with it, buy whatever car I want under my name, my insurance, etc., OR, he could help me out with a loan on a car.

His restrictions:
-Had to be a Chrysler, Jeep or Nissan, the cars he sells (rules out RSX-S, MkIV R32, 06-07 STi, 01 GS-R, etc. , all cars I was considering)
-Couldn’t be RWD (rules out 300zx, 240sx, 350z, etc.)
-Couldn’t be Infiniti, although part of Nissan (rules out G35)

My restriction:
-100% had to be manual

That pretty much left me with a b15 Sentra SE-R Spec V or an L31 Altima SER 6MT. I can barely fit in a b15 Sentra (6’5") and I really liked the way the SER looked and drove.

I went into it expecting a mild N/A motor build and some suspension goodies, with LVD every once in a while and STX class auto X action. After reevaluating the motor build (too much $$$, not enough return) and realizing that I can’t do shit in STX without an LSD ($700 for parts, and $500+ for installation), I realized it wasn’t worth $504/month and STILL not be that competitive in auto X or that fast in a straight line.

That’s why :smiley: