I bet this guy smiled...

Ya I have Richard Burns Rally as well, its amazing. I actually got into it before getting into Gran Turismo.

Exactly, as I said, I respect FWD, and I don’t bash ppl who tastefully mod their FWD sports car. I still would always choose AWD or RWD first, but you don’t see me/anyone else posting photos of Type R’s and cleanly modded cars. It’s just the funny guy in the Probe that thinks he’s driving an R34 or something.

See, I wouldn’t post this and make fun of it:

…but I will tell you that I’d never spend money on a Type R – it’s just not my thing.

In the end, to each his own. Maybe that Probe was very fast, maybe it would eat me at the track. Bottom line for me is, I’d rather finish last in my 240.

You werent just having an opinion, you were ridiculing others based on your opinion. Telling sonlings that honda and neon drivers should be ashamed of what they drive. As much as i find some cars ridiculous and hilarious, I dont impose my opinion on them. This just in, 240s arent any better than civics.

Well, Neon drivers should be ashamed of what they drive :smiley:

Btw, read your other comment as well and the point is that this guy started bashing FWD cars in general. That’s the problem. i.e. It’s okay if you want to hate Saddam, but don’t go hating every other Iraqi. Get what I mean?

Mmmm… agreed in that case, even though I share the OP’s views to an extent.
IMO, cars can handle well despite being FWD, but it’s still a negative trait that needs to be overcome with a proper chassis/suspension/wheel&tire setup. It’s much better to not have to overcome things, and start with a platform that is more performance friendly.

That is a great analogy, Mark.

• From a driving experience point of view, a stock 240 is better than a Civic…but that’s just MY opinion.

• I wasn’t hating on FWD cars to start, I just posted a pic because I was bored.

• FWD cars can handle well, but in general, I don’t like their handling characteristics…

• Can any of you HONESTLY tell me you’d choose FWD over RWD when given the option? And by option I mean if you’re buying the car yourself, OR you won the lottery and can have your pick.

In terms of “affordable cars”, I’d take any of these in a second over a FWD car:

• WRX/STi/2.5 RS/Legacy
  • RX-7
  • Supra
  • 240sx
  • AE86
  • NSX
  • Evo (imported or new)
  • Corvette
  • Mustang
  • IS300
  • S2000
  • R32/R33

^ ya not all of those are affordable, but you can definitely find some of the above in the $5k range, up to probably $50k for something MINT/modded, etc.

In the higher range, can you honestly tell me you’d take a FWD car over a GT3, GT2, or even a Cayman? I’m sure I could make a list as long as HWY 7 of expensive, RWD/AWD super cars that I’d love, but that’s just pointless.

Again, I’m sure there are some great FWD cars out there, maybe even “super cars”, but the majority of them are RWD. And for a reason.

whiterabbit…you obviously haven’t been in a civic or integra at the track. Untill you’ve been in one or driven one yourself, just stop bashing FWD cars in general.

And how can you say you respect FWD cars when earlier on, you were ridiculing how people can spend money on FWD cars and that they are pretty much wasting their money.

And like I said, it all depends on what you want to do with a car. Just admit that you were wrong and learn from your lesson. I hate to make it more cliche but you really shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

Here’s a great example of a well built Civic.
You can forward it and just see what Tsuchiya has to say about it.

Here’s the Nurburgring laptime for a Chevy Cobalt SS:
8:22.85 147.49 km/h – Chevrolet Cobalt SS, 260 PS/1349 kg,
Source: http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/m-lounge/8897311-1.html

Don’t get me wrong, I love my 240 but it makes me so angry when all these 240 owners keep talking smack about civics and anything that’s FWD.

Since when did owning a 240 automatically make you better than anyone who drives a FWD car?

I say that because you seemed to give the impression that you’re much better than someone who drives a FWD car.

Question, how old are you?

^ That civic still sounds like asss…

Id like to see your s13 keep up even a little bit.

lol i skipped everything said on the second page just to say lewtz came in to start shit about his hate for sil40’s lol.

when the Vtec hits in … its over!

Did I say it can stfu u fag…and my s13 does sound better than that

If you read my post, all it says “didnt you own that hideous sil-80?”

I wasnt hating on sil-80’s, his in particular didnt look good.

Most Sil-80s/40s look like complete shit.

Only notable ones are Applesauce’s (EDs) and one that was owned by Alberto I believe. It was a red one with VS-XX gold rims.

Every other Sil80 ive seen has been =\

even if that probe was rwd it would still be gay, just my opinion
i used to drive a mini van about 6 years ago and it could out run my buddies mx-6 v6 5spd which is the same motor as the probe ( i think) just cause it looks mad slow doesnt mean it always is

to me my rb20 240 is slow… looks like ass and would prolly get ripped by a that probe guy … it;s just fun to drive

That probes pretty gay

Stock painted green wheels are pretty gay

/Thread.

I definatly had a civic like this and that car was a blast to drive at the Auto-X events!
Heres a picture, it was a coupe not a hatch.

if anyone can appreciate anything on this car it would be the wheels so here is a pic of them aswell :slight_smile: i miss this car but am looking forward to being a nissan owner. i hope it does not dissapoint.

I dont feel so much as though im jacking the thread as giving FWD a run for its money.

Edit: Its not like its going anywhere productive anyways though right? PS im not the fat guy in the picture!