I bought a mac because...

There is a theory that more people are buying Apple computers because of the “iPod Halo Effect,” meaning that they bought an iPod and loved it so much that they thought they’d try out other Apple products. I personally don’t know anyone that’s bought a Mac because they loved their iPod. All the people that I know that have bought Macs have been because I or other Mac users have suggested it to them. Out of the 10 or so people that I can think of, all have loved them.

I rock a MacPro w/ dual 22" LCDs and a Macbook that my work owns. I simply love OS X. I use my mac for everything including coding, photo & video editing with Aperture/Photoshop/FCP, and running several Parallels VMs of different linux distros when I want to try something out. I run the developer’s preview of Leopard on my iMac at work and it’s surprisingly stable compared to previous DPs. Plus, I have Parallels so I can run XP if I need to run the one or two apps that aren’t available for OS X (usually small home brew apps we have at work for administrative tasks).

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:2,topic:36127"”]

I wish they would just release the fucking OS for use in standard pc’s

[/quote]

If they did that I’m sure they would sell tons of licenses, however they would likely loose greater hardware revenue and even though SJ gets up on stage at every keynote and refers to Apple as a software company they make most of their money from hardware sales, which they charge a premium for.

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:5,topic:36127"”]

on average, it only take 18 minutes for an unprotected windows machine to be infected on the network at UB.

[/quote]

If that’s true, and I don’t doubt it is, that’s hilarious.