I/C: RHD FC RX-7 with SR swap

Just curious how many Nissan guys would rock an FC or any RX-7 with an SR swapped into it?

I have 2 FC’s right now lined up to get SR powerplants in the next couple months. The one car is my business partner Dan’s RHD FC that he wants to sell after the swap is completed. An oil cooler line blew and seized the 13BT. It had a complete body straightening and re-paint last year and the shell only has 85,000kms on it. Probably one of the cleanest and nicest to drive FC’s I’ve ever driven!

Ignore the rice bag steering wheel lol.

Anyways before some people start flipping out about wrecking the cars weight distribution by putting a 4cyl up front, I came across I guy in Florida that has done the swap already and he corner weighed the car after he finshed everything. With the battery located in the rear and a half a tank of gas the car weighed out at a perfect 50/50 weight distribution.
Pretty cool!

So I was just wondering if there would be any interest in this specific car once its finished, also how many guys would consider picking up and FC shell to do a convertion like that? I’ll be making jigs of the motor and transmission mounts as well as a source for building the SR->FC driveshaft. The oil pan also needs to be modified, depending on the interest I would almost prefer to build a complete oil pan from sheet aluminum as opposed to cutting and re-welding the stock unit.

Anyways, let me know this could be something worth pursuing or if I’m retarded. :slight_smile:
Either way there will be at least 2 FC’s around our area rockin SR’s

I for one, would be very very interested. I love FC’s and they are my favourite chassis by far. I’ve owned a few of them, only one was rotary powered. :slight_smile: I’d be in line for this!!! LHD though.

Even though I have a secret love for rotary, this would be very interesting to see, DO IT! Who cares about what others think, aslong as your achieving your own goals.

btw, how much heavier is an SR compared to a 13B ?

the sr is lighter than a 13b.

I would absolutely love to have an fc with sr. Do it!!

No wayyy… DO IT!!!

if i still had my FC i would be pursuing this swap. ironicially Joe i think you said my FC used to be one of Dan’s old cars too. how much do you think he’ll be asking when he does sell?

i absolutely love the FC chassis, and i have a love for the rotary too but do not love it’s unreliable tendancies…i blew my first 13BT in exactly the same fashion (hit a racoon which blew an oil cooler line and seized the motor).

an FC with an SR would be excellent.

It’s cool to see some interest!

The SR complete longblock is heavier than the 13BT, but not by much, maybe 75-100lbs more?
That is actually something I’ll be weighing to find our for sure.

Brian, Dans RHD FC will most likely be listed for just under $10K once finished, the SR we are putting in it willk not be stock, very mildly built. Plus the overall condition of the car itself is immaculate. Whoever buys it will not be disapointed.