I corner weighted my Impreza coupe today

So, I corner weighted my coupe today. I borrowed a set of RebCo Exacto-Weigh scales from a friend and went to work.

• No spare
  • Full tank of gas
  • Sparco Evo 3 driver’s seat
  • Seibon CF hood
  • Visteon radiator
  • Mostly stock EJ205

Without driver:
Front Left: 864 Front Right: 865
Rear Left: 581 Rear Right: 558
Total: 2868
Front Weight: 1729 60.3%
Rear Weight: 1139 39.7%

With driver:
Front Left: 1001 Front Right: 912
Rear Left: 709 Rear Right: 613

Cross Weights:
LF-RR: 1614 49.9%
RF-LR: 1621 50.1%

The most miraculous part was, I put the car on the scales and I didn’t have to adjust any further. Either I was extremely lucky in my initial suspension adjustments or I’m 300 lbs of awesome.

I was extremely pleased to see that WITH a full tank of gas, my car is even lighter than I expected. This puts the car in range with stock S2000 weight.

Why I can’t go on a diet excuse number 273: It would completely mess up my car’s weight balance. :smiley:

Mod note: I mistakenly posted this is Technical Talk first, so ignore/delete that post.

Nice car, fatty.

j/k

Buy me a cheeseburger.

lol double ok?

2868 is great. The base model was 2700 when I weighed it stock and with all the turbo stuff added, heavier tranny, etc. that you’ve put in your RS that’s awesome considering you have a wing, sunroof, etc. etc. I only had a quarter or half tank of gas when I weighed it too! Now it’s heavier than your car…oh well. :frowning:

Yeah I was really amazed it was that light. I have a few ‘lightened’ things but nothing too serious as far as I’m concerned. The best part was the no-effort corner weighting. :lol:

Yours is heavier but for better reasons…6 speed, big turbo, cage. :slight_smile:

How does your car weigh 2868 without you in it, and then 3235 with you in it? That’s a difference of 367lbs.

I need to borrow thouse.

See my avatar? I’m made of metal. Duh.

That’s pretty badass.