Has anyone tried to get a 50/50 weight distribution?

So I work at a truck stop and am a certified “weighmaster” hah, doesn’t really mean anything but I was bored one night and put my car on there, here are the numbers:

Front axle: 1520 LB
Rear axle: 1260 LB

Gross: 2780LB

That is with about 20L of fuel, and a sub box w/ 2 amps probably around 50LBs. Ac compressor is removed as well.

Has anyone really gotten a 50/50 weight?

By the way if any of you guys want your car weighed lemme know, you can stop by when im working one night.

trunk or hatch??

ha i suppose i should of stated that, its a hatch

I remember seeing a 95 240sx in modified mag a few months ago where the owner had a 50/50 weight distribution, but he had to push the SR motor like 15cm inwards.

http://importtuner.com/events/0304it_tokyo02_z.jpg
http://importtuner.com/events/0304it_tokyo03_z.jpg

that’s the car and you can see what had to be done to it, LOL

edit: he did strip the whole car though, reducing the weight in the back even more… I guess that made a big difference as well…

I was close…

Close to what 70/30?

You had a gutted rear how can that be the same as a full out stock engine bay?

You don’t have to push the engine back to make things even out.

Lighten the front end up a bit by removing useless shit.

cf hood. s14 hoods are heavy as hell.

I weighed my '97 Kouki a few weeks ago, it was 1380 Kg’s which equates to 3036 lbs. This was totally stock with all panels and spares with a full tank. Oh, and me sitting in it too. So, I would figure if I removed the spare tire and myself, it would come in around 2825 or so, and maybe 2800 with a quarter tank.

I am interested in seeing the front back ratio. I will pull in next time I see your car parked there.

Theo

I want to stop by, where is this truck stop?

It is in Grimsby at the Casablanca exit.

Yeaaaah screw that. Just a tad too far…

Scaled my car last year…

1272 lbs. at the front wheels.
1324 lbs. at the rear wheels.

For a combined total of ~3596 lbs. with a half tank of gas and the rear interior stripped.

As part of my build project I’ve stripped close to 150lbs. in further weight from the car. I’d like to get a little bit more in the back where it counts. We’ll see when I re-weigh.

You don’t have to push the engine back to make things even out.

Lighten the front end up a bit by removing useless shit.

weight distribution has to do with torque, so removing something that is close to the midweight point of the car doesnt really make a difference, same with moving something to the midweight point.

Engines are heavy, they are also quite a few feet from the midweight point, so torque weight x distance. Thats a lot of force and that also causes the midweight point to be close to the engine. … hence why moving the engine back does so much to help.

Moving your battery to the back doesnt do much, espically if it is against the back seat, put it against the back of the car.
Replacing the seats does pretty much dick all.
Removing weight from the front, ohkay, but how much can you really take off? and if you aren’t going to put the weight in the back then you are only going to shift the midweight spot to the rear by a very small amount.

I’d say the midweight spot is probably between the firewall and the front seats, so if you want to remove stuff from the front to move that midweight spot to the middle of the car, you need to remove parts as far to the front as possible … so whats there? uh bumper rebar? wow that’ll do a lot.

Weight distribution is not a linear thing.

I’m aware of this… the point I was trying to make is that shifting the engine back isn’t the only thing you can do to achieve better weight distribution.

Dude! Take your family out and you might loose that extra half Ton you are lugging around.

So, you mean it weighs like 2596, right?

Theo

Dude! Take your family out and you might loose that extra half Ton you are lugging around.

Theo[/quote]

I dont think prodigy was talking about a 240sx, but i may be wrong.

NiTeRiDeR: I wasnt aiming that at you, i was just posting about weight distribution in general to help people understand it better, i just looked for the best quote in the thread that described what i was talking about.

Theo[/quote]

I dont think prodigy was talking about a 240sx, but i may be wrong.

NiTeRiDeR: I wasnt aiming that at you, i was just posting about weight distribution in general to help people understand it better, i just looked for the best quote in the thread that described what i was talking about.[/quote]

Lol yeah, 2596, sorry. It’s an FC, Nik.

Close to what 70/30?

You had a gutted rear how can that be the same as a full out stock engine bay?[/quote]

There were multiple reductions made to the front…

Stripped A/C, FG hood, dropped guards, relocated batter, removed reservoirs…

So on and so forth…