s13 audio and Rb25det WEIGHT question?

ok I know the rb25det weights more then the KA by around 180 pounds (front heavy), but if you had a crazy sound system in the hatch that weighed about 120 pounds and coilovers to set the suspension properly. do you think it would even out

I know most people here will say don’t have a system less weight = faster, better handling etc but I love my music as much as my performance and I already spent a lot of money and over three 3 years building my audio setup.

Thanks

You already answered your own question. Less weight is almost always, if not always a better thing… as for evening out your car… it’s gonna be heavy either way. You could do things like a battery relocation and what not to help with the weight as well.

Just crank the boost up and you’ll be fine.

^^^really

Its just as of right now I have the system in my 95 civic hatch and it weighs it down like damn and since it FF I noticed a big difference when I excel, just thought if it was in a FR s13 it wouldn’t be as bad plus with an RB25’S power.

you wont notice the weight. . . . do you notice the difference between a full tank of gas and an empty one? Same idea

yeah i notice the difference between full tank and empty tank. 100 bucks of diesle gets you hiiiigh~ empty tank doesnt.

You’re brutal. Where did you read that garbage about the weight? I had my S14 weighed with all of my tools in the trunk, miscellaneous junk, half a tank of gas, and me in it. S14 base weight is what, 2900lbs? Guess how much my car weighed? 3120lbs. I weigh 150lbs, my tools probably around 50, + at least another 20-30lbs of junk. Toss in gas, heavier brakes because they’re bigger, braces, my wing, etc. Many members have seen the slip and can vouch for it. You do the math and then tell me where this non-existenant, weight balance destroying weight is, because I don’t see it.

hes talking about the added weight of an RB upsetting F/R weight distribution…and using an audio system to help balance or counteract that…

i just calculated… assuming a KA has factory weight distribution of 60/40% (F/R)…using the 3100lbs provided ^^…that is 1860 lbs upfront…add 180 lbs stated by the OP and you have 2040lbs/3100=65.8% Front. quite a large percentage…adding 120lbs to the rear would equal 2040/3220=63.4%F…maybe someone who has had their car corner balanced can chime in on actual weight distributions for S chassis.

the torque of a turbocharged 6 cylinder will be more than enough to haul around its extra 180lbs, the system and you to boot :smiley:

i also love my audio but am weary about installing 2 amps in a car w/ an 80 amp alternator (sr20)…plus cant even fit a decent 12" box in the hatch

I highly doubt you drive hard enough to notice.

If you really love your music than you would acknowledge the fact that good audio comes out of speakers,amp and 1 sub at most therefore not as much weight as you said :slight_smile:

I have one subwoofer a 13" 1000watts rms + amp to run it.
front component speakers + amp to run it
and a HC800 power cell in the trunk.

AND you dont need to drive hard to notice. If you really know your car in and out you can feel every little thing,from added weight to weight lost etc.

I just want to have the best of both worlds :slight_smile:

the added weight can be offset by lightening up the front end.

• remove abs, carbon hood, get rid of rebar, get rid of miscellaneous crap, move battery to rear.

• Once thats done that added weight of the RB is completely non existent.

OR you could just get it aligned properly and never worry about it.