question: weight of rear seats in S14...worth removing?

hey,

just a quick question:

anybody know how much the stock rear seats in an S14 (kouki if it makes any difference) weigh? are they easy to remove? to anyone who’s done it - is it worth it?

it’s a daily driver (no need for the back seats), however i’m slowwwwwly trying to make it more track-ready…

thnx!

Unless your putting in a cage, whats the point of removing the rear seats? They’re foam…

I track my car and still have all my interior in lol

they weight nothing really, as martino said unless putting a cage leave them in!

take em out, and put in a foam mattress in the back…in black so it matches lmao!

The weight savings would be so minimul even the best driver would not notice a difference.

the wieght is like 20lbs its ALL FOAM almost except the backing has a thin sheet of metal. in taking it off. the car gets alot noisier if ur daily driving it. its like noise reduction.

x2

but dont make it black, 240s with matching anything is so not cool. different fenders/bumpers/seats ect… is the new in

that and zip ties.

lol kk…i would have figured they weighed a lot more for some reason, but i guess i am t3h noob

ps: i only have 1 windshield wiper at the moment, and WOW what a difference in acceleration! i can take turns at twice the speed, and even civics dont mess with me anymore…best mod EVER

the best weight savings mod ive done so far are breaks…

i mean, they’re heavy as hell, and all they do is slow you down…

tbh, if you really want to save weight take out your ABS actuator, just pulling the fuse will get rid of ABS but the actuator is alot of weight. And you cant just thinking weight reduction, think about balance, many s13 owners move the battery to the back or run a slim battery. I’ve stripped my s13 in the back, and i’m working on HICAS and ABS delete this spring once i’ve gotten all my parts, that should be quite the difference.

dont’ remove ur seats unless you need to. your car will feel so empty behind you. Lol

It also gets really loud in the car, the seats, panels and trunk carpets act as serious sound deadening

Hey there, I pulled my back seats to put the cage in and for weight originally. I then put it all back because it really helped with the sound resonation. Its not worth saving the weight unless its a pure race machine. Besides its foam wrapped in leather or cloth…doesnt weigh much!

you may save 12lbs tops. the top half has a larger metal section under the carpet

pull the seats out, put a roll cage in, call your gf, thank me in the morning.

I used to take the rear seats out of my coupe before going to the track… The rear backrest had a metal frame and was no “light weight” per say.

There is no point IMO…the weight savings is nothing i mean…go take a shit before you go out on track you would probly save more weight that way.

now if you were to fully gut the car of carpets, sound deading, ect…then you could say that helps with weight.

unless your getting a cage no dice… plus those rear seats muffle the road sound, and exhaust sound!

white2abbit weight saving is a very costly endeavor. anthing that will show you a difference in performance is expensive. what ur aiming to accomplish in weight reduction in any car that ur going to track is rotating mass, so here are some things you want to lighten ( flywheel,driveshaft,wheels and even tires) try to remember you already added weight to the car with bigger exhaust, intercooler,piping etc so you would need to remove alot of things not just seats to see a difference.