I don't understand the Pennsylvania Title

I’ve only really dealt with New York state titles before but i just picked up a car from PA. I got it cheap, so if I can’t get it titled in NY it isn’t the end of the world, but it is rust-free and straight so I’ll do what I can to get the title.

It has someone’s name on the front. Then on the back it looks like they transferred it to a dealer. The name of the dealer is in the “stamp or seal” box. So then the dealer sold the car to this other guy…but this new guy didn’t fill in the “purchaser signature”. But the dealer signed it and still put their name in the “stamp or seal” box. This is all that’s been filled out. The guy I got the car from isn’t on the title. Am I pretty much screwed?

One thing I’m thinking that might work. The dealer seems like a small place that deals with these types of cars primarily…would it be possible for them to get a duplicate title and sign it over to me? I’m confused about PA title transferring and what they have in the PA system as the last owner. In NY there can only be one owner and a spot for the next buyer and that’s it. Seems simpler.
In this case when the dealer filled in the “stamp or seal” box was the state notified? Or do they only know about the guy on the front of the title?

I’m thinking that calling the dealer would make a lot more sense than most of the “from the hip” answers you’re going to get here.

write your own receipt…take the last person who is in the seller box and write that they sold it to you. go to the dmv and register. been done many of times.

Yup make your own bill of sale in the name of the dealer on the title.