I get the wierdest problems..squealing??

OK so this happens on 2 occasions. the first when i first turn on the car i get a really loud screech like its coming from the belts. It will continue about 10seconds in idle and then it goes away. If i rev the engine in goes away quicker… if it is during the day i will not have any issues driving the car from there… The second problem is at night the same thing will happen with idle however it will stop when i start driving but the first stop sign i get to the squealing starts again. Almost always at night. Its a huge bummer. kinda embarrassing.:confused: Finally, The front of the engine is leaking oil somewhere because the hood is covered in splatter and the driver side of the engine bay is covered in oil aswell (this is the direction that the belts turn) so my question is what is leaking? i tried to clean the front of the engine today to see if i could see where the oil is coming from but no luck… HELPPP

Nick

thank you in advance for your support…

check alternator belt … its the one thats probably loose and makes the noise

oil maybe leaking from the valve cover? might need a valve cover seal ?

probably your power steering going that makes a big squeel

im gunna check the belts tomorrow morning… but if it was the powersteering how would i be able to tell that its going? its fine to turn etc. i don’t have any issues there. How much are we talking for a valve cover gasket?

valve cover gasket… just take it off and use some silicone gasket(rv gasket i think its also called from CT, should work… the valve cover dosent hold pressure like your head gasket…)

for your power steering, check the fluid levels… if its low, top it up and check after a bit of driving, if its not loosing any pressure then hope your good… power steering racks go like hot cakes… its a 17yr old car and its a common prob on anything 10+ old.