I got screwed buying a US Version 240sx

Please point out the shady part.

Nice job Jay!! What do you hve to do to the car?

Ya man, nothing shady goin’ on!! This is a totally new car. I just picked it up on Wednesday. My old car is sitting at Speedworks!!

And to answer you to Mike. I got a tune up done today, I’m getting wheels and tires, exhaust, windows tinted and stereo installed tomorrow (Friday). Plus I think I’m gonna have to change the injectors. Even after I got the tune up, it still kinda idled like shit!! So I took it to another place and they told me its most likely the injectors. So ya, I got a busy busy day ahead of me!! But its all good!!

Yeah, Jay’s new car is legit.

I sold him the rear view mirror, and blower motor resistor out of his old one :wink:

We can take care of you regarding the injectors, if it is in fact the injectors that are causing your engine to run rough, bring it in next week and we can go over it and tell you what it needs.

Later,
Cory.

Ya I’m gonna have to come and get more parts from my old car!! lol I do believe that it is not the injectors, but it is due to a crack on the muffler down pipe (I guess) that attaches to the manifold. Either the gasket needs to be replaced or the whole piece!! I talked to Neil he said to bring it by on Monday, so I’m sticking to that plan and bringing it in on Monday morning.

Thanks Cory!!

No worries Jay,

see you then!

Cory.

what i dont get is that the car is 15yrs old…or almost wait it out then you can bring it in…what month is the production date.???
me bro’s is a 89 so its legal now…

Not if its on the RIV’s Inadmissable list. Then no matter how many years old it is, it’s still illegal no matter what!! I thought about doing that too, till I enquired directly to RIV about the 15 year rule. They said its on the list, its illegal!!

well i dunno how mine got in then
the guy who i bought it from said he had no problems with it, and he got it registered and was driving it.

Then if you ever have to re-register it, don’t say a word!! lol :slight_smile:

hopefully it doesn’t come up =D

ouch shitty…sorry for bringin an odl post back up but where did u look to buy usa cars?

What I would have done is, if the car was in real good shape, was buy someones parts car with a clean title. Swap VINs, end of story. Not legal, but nobody will ever know.

Louis you are so Shady. :lol:

Is your car a dark blue hatch? I met some one while I was in Edmonton back in May at a gas station that had a US 240. Just wondering if it was you I was met?

Louis you are so Shady. :lol:[/quote]Well come on now. I’ve never done anything like that. But if I was in the bind this guy is in I would be very tempted.

Believe me, I thought about it!! Even made a few inquiring calls!! lol But I decided not to.