I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, HUD.

so Ive always heard of the HUD going on coupes, finally its happened to me:mad:. i know someone else just posted the same crap. But i feel my situation is a little different(maybe its not). When i start my car the HUD will run for say 10 secs then it goes off(oppose to it not coming on at all). im not sure if thats the same thing happening with the whole little resistor thing or not anybody else have this problem?

The resistor thing is for the cluster, convertedDSM’R has a HUD for sale. I’m not sure if he still has it, but you can probably pick it up cheap of him if yours crapped out.

this might sound stupid but i had it happen to me once and to my surprise you can turn it on and off…the simple things are things ppl normally forget thats why i’m asking not to be a dick or anything…

i wish that was the problem but i already tried that lol. its weird it stays on for like 10 secs, but its not as bright as it usual is, if you try to adjust it or turn it to MPH it shuts off.

i think i still have one laying around.
you can pick it up for $15.

little update not sure if its relevant: I’m not sure how long this has been but now the lights behind my Climate control work. the HUD still comes on for the 10 secs and still shuts off. Are these two things relevant or is it just a coincident that the back lights are now working? now im thinking its an electrical problem?

i had that same problem with my hatch a little while ago when i bought it, i would start the car and the hud would stay on and then go off.
i changed the cluster when i bought a sr and i changed the hud and now it works fine. for the bs that it takes to fix it…im sure you can find a hud for cheaper…imo that is.