HUD Problem

Hey guys & gals, How you been? Well, when i got my car there was some problems such as steering rack needed work, windshield had a crack, e-brake cables snapped, and lastly Cluster did not light nor did the heads up display. Now after about 2 days i finally got my cluster out and took it apart. After doing so i tried a method which i have seen on nicoclub.com, but no luck. Now since im 15, and can’t drive yet i sat back in my chair and listen to some music, and had the heat on highest level. After that i took my HUD module and touched the thing where the key goes in. Now this is where it gets tricky.Every time it sparks when i touch the key thing the HUD goes on, but not the thing built into the cluster also once it is fully grounded on to the keything it doesnt light at all. Only when it sparks it does. My dad stated its a short somewhere. Can anyone help me. Also the cluster lights dont work as well.

Forgot to mention as i sat there longer and tried the thing over and over again the actual module which would be connected to the cluster began to light as it sparked.
Any help is appreciated

this is a very common thing with HUD. Theres a few places that do repair. I had the same thing. Buy yourself a JDM HUD cluser if you are doing an SR swap. Good luck finding it but e-bay has them sometimes. Its plug n play n goes to 9,000 RPM. Very trick but don’t pay more than 100-150. google it to find more threads. Good luck little buddy.

The same thing happen to mine, I linked it to the power supply portion, but im no electronic technician, so i can’t repair it. I think JDM Digital clusters don’t switch to MPH. I’m not sure but i noticed it doesnt say KMH -> MPH on the HUD activation button.

Well, i learned something today. If i i rest the module on the key insert thing to be grounded, and use one of those 1$ 12v tester and touch each pin or two at a time (ones running to the lcd) it will illuminate. Im wondering if its a ground issue.