I love the IRS.....

Once a year

I just finished doing my taxes for me and the fiance, and we are getting $8435.00 back. I e-filed so i should have it back in 8-10 days. my plans for the money are to put most of it away, but I am going to buy new wheels, tires, shocks/struts, 1.5" drop springs, and all new rotors and pads for the Thunderbird. Then my fiance is taking some money and buying some clothes, and the rest will go into the bank and to paying off the rest of our X-mas debt on credit cards and such, plus i need to get the car inspected, and a front end alignment done. I may do my Trac-Lok and 4.10’s as well, but I am going to wait to see on that.

These are the wheels I am getting for the bird

they are 18" Driv Vixens, by MHT

http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/7c/ab/378d_1_b.JPG

goddam how do u get almost 9k back …do you have somethin on the IRS that they pay u off

we both claim “0” throughout the year, plus we have two kids. I claim head of household, and she cliams both kids, and the Earned Income Credit because she makes under 32k and claims two kids…thats a huge credit there. Plus the child care credit, we get back almost everything we pay her moms friend to watch the kids during the day. $30 a day, 3 days a week, for an entire year. Her mom takes them twice a week, and her moms friend used to run a daycare, but she stopped watching everyone elses kids but ours, so she is still licensed as a daycare

nicceee…

i like the wheels too:cool:

That is beautiful. I claim 0 thru the year too to try and maximize my refund. I basically don’t work on my car or anything throughout the year, then take the majority of my refund for car parts and the rest for house stuff.

I’m hoping for around $2000 this year. That would be GREAT.

sweet

Wouldn’t it be better to keep your money as you make it and get interest on it? My goal is to owe zero and to have a refund of zero.

But I guess if you don’t have it then you won’t spend it throughout the year.

Still waiting on a W-2. Last minute bs ftL or I’d be filed by now too.

Congrats on getting the most out of your refund! Now I gotta find me a baby’s mama… :ugh:

love the wheels

I filed 0, I owe $97.00

Thats kinda what i do… I make my money work for me all year long, instead of just once a year. and I always come out ahead!

Works great if your a guy that can save. Me if I got I’m gonna spend it. Based on last years number I should be somewhere around the $3000.00 mark, that will be siding and new windows for the house. And nothing for me or the cars.:dunno:

Thats how I am too…I love getting that lump sum once a year, and we buy some things that we want, and the rest goes as a buffer for the rest of the year, and then it gets used up at Christmas time.

I’m the same way. If I get it, I’m going to spend it on upgrades or neccessities for the house or my rental property. It’s better to get that lump sum for me so that I have some amount of money to play with on the cars.

First let me say this is not aflame in any way.

Dude have you ever been audited?

Because my understanding of the tax laws, you have to have a dependent other than yourself to claim head of household. If you girl is claiming both kids, how can you claim head of household?

Really just looking to see how you did this so I can get more money back too…:bigok:

never been audited, and H&R Block let me do it online…so, i dont know. I dont know shit about tax laws, so I am not sure what i can and cant do, but H&R Block “checks” your returns for error, and they supposedly stand behind it if you would get audited…so i dont know. Maybe give it a shot

I will. You did all of this online? You didn’t buy any programs or anything?

I dont know if this has anythign to do with it, but ill ask anyways. Does it matter they are living together and engaged, but not married? Maybe thats how you get around it?

nope, didnt buy any programs, just did it on www.hrblock.com

I read several places, and all comes up to the same thing, to be head of household you need a qualifying child. But hell I’m no accountant…:slight_smile: