I need a phone with mobile email - advice needed

I am looking to buy a new phone. It needs to have the following features:

-i currently have an at&t account, so i would greatly prefer an at&t compatible phone
-needs to have a full qwerty keyboard
-needs to be able to be linked to my yahoo email and work email accounts
-smallest design and highest talk time are preferable

i really dont know what products are best, when comparing brands like blackberry, palm, etc… suggestions are welcome.

also, if at&t is the absolute wrong carrier to have, tell me why, and perhaps i will wait until my current plan runs out to change.

thanks in advance for the info.

Is this going to access your work email?

The biggest thing would be if you work uses Exchange get a windows based phone.

AT&T tilt sounds like it would work really good for you.

yeah, i believe it is an exchange server - both of my bosses have blackberry curves that are linked up.

is it windows based?

blackjack II

Yea
Tilt if you want a bigger phone with more functionality, BJII if you want to go smaller and cheaper.

whats the feeling about refurbished models?

Ask to see if they have another blackberry license on their server for you.

If not, do you have Outlook web access? If you don’t - your exchange admin will probably not enabled activesync for you either…

PS. blackberries rock ass for email first.

ok, so how about a refurbished curve?

as far as i know, they said hooking me into the server wont be a problem. how difficult is it to link in a yahoo account as well?

my iphone is killer - we use exchange mail too.

:tspry:

Stupid easy.

AT&T just upgraded their BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) to 2.4 also. It’s pretty neat. (that’s for your Yahoo, gmail, etc)

Hooking yours up to the server is no problem? Blackberry hands down. However, ask them what their IT policy is, if it neuters your Blackberry - fuck it. Meh, I have like a bunch of 8700c Blackberries chilling here, if you want to check one out… refurbs are usually ok, but they only give you what, 90 days? I’d just get insurance and I can show you how to brick the phone lol

BJII, I have it and love it. Great battery life, perfect size, no dopey flip/sliding parts, 3g, everything you need.

Do not got Refurb please. 90 Day warrantee and it is not insurable, not that many smartphones are.

Tilt is ginourmous but has touchscreen and full slide out keyboard.

BJII is fantabulous.

Any of the blackberries are wonderful just get used to there OS.

Tilt and BJII are Windows mobile 6.0.

I sell these for a living, are you eligible for an upgrade?

I can match online pricing in my department.