I need a super awesome Pontiac Salesman

[quote=“ly555is,post:38,topic:31897"”]

again, why can you only buy GM?

[/quote]

i dont HAVE to, i just prefer to because of the discount i can get through my fathers work…and from what my dad tells me, it might be easier to trade in my car to a GM dealer…correct me if im wrong or find me a true 2+2 seat convertible car for under 30k:)

[quote=“Helidrop,post:41,topic:31897"”]

i dont HAVE to, i just prefer to because of the discount i can get through my fathers work…and from what my dad tells me, it might be easier to trade in my car to a GM dealer…correct me if im wrong or find me a true 2+2 seat convertible car for under 30k:)

[/quote]

Just buy my S2000 and get over it.

It’s better than any G6 Vert. And much better price than any slow n/a solstice :slight_smile:

a discount and a hookup through the dealership your dad works at… That’s girl logic to buy a car with. Don’t do that.

find a car that meets what you want for under 30K then. that’s built well. that’s not a GM. that’s a pretty good-sized budget that you have there. you could try to sell your car privately, after you get another car - if you wanna do it like that.

bottom line, don’t settle b/c your dad works at that dealership, or you get a discount, whatever. Don’t get suckered by a cheap, new convert. Get a good car. those are Not good reasons to get what you’re talking about getting.

must it be a new car, or can it be a used car? what Exactly do you want out of this car (stick/auto, cloth/leather, 4seat/2, convert/hardtop…)

i’m really not trying to be a toolbox here, i just want to help you avoid posting up upcoming threads about brakes, wheel bearings, alignment, etc., etc. that you are 43984989834 more likely to have when you buy GM.

damn joel, back off the GM haterade

And if Vert isnt a requirement and you want to stick with the general, check out the Saturn Aura. Hell of a car for the money, if your dad gets GMS you can probably get the 3.6 for close to 20k, those things move

If I were a chick spending 30k on a midsize sedan vert you can bet your ass it would be a Solara vert instead of a G6.

Because if I were a chick I wouldn’t want to have to be a chick dealing with sleazy service managers everytime an idiot light blew up in the GM…

Can’t help it, Joe. i used to be a pretty hardcore domestic guy, but meh, there’s nothing to stand by. it’s just simply not built as well as the average azn ride. the transporter comes to pick up the Corvette on tues. I can’t wait to see that money pit leave.

:tup:

[quote=“ly555is,post:43,topic:31897"”]

a discount and a hookup through the dealership your dad works at… That’s girl logic to buy a car with. Don’t do that.

find a car that meets what you want for under 30K then. that’s built well. that’s not a GM. that’s a pretty good-sized budget that you have there. you could try to sell your car privately, after you get another car - if you wanna do it like that.

bottom line, don’t settle b/c your dad works at that dealership, or you get a discount, whatever. Don’t get suckered by a cheap, new convert. Get a good car. those are Not good reasons to get what you’re talking about getting.

must it be a new car, or can it be a used car? what Exactly do you want out of this car (stick/auto, cloth/leather, 4seat/2, convert/hardtop…)

i’m really not trying to be a toolbox here, i just want to help you avoid posting up upcoming threads about brakes, wheel bearings, alignment, etc., etc. that you are 43984989834 more likely to have when you buy GM.

[/quote]

My dad doesnt work at a dealership. he gets a supplier discount for supplying GM with film for their crash tests and with the incentives going on i could swing one for about 25k, loaded.

I cant find another car for under 30k that meets what i want. I want a convertible, hands down. I’ve wanted one since i got my learners permit. I want a true 2+2 seated car. The cobalt is too small, so a solstice and/or sky are out of teh question, I want a DD, that i can drive through the winter. Im not picky about transmission, 5spd or auto, whatever works, leather or cloth, i dont care … ive been eyeing the g6 verts for a while, sat in one at the auto show months back … and id like to test drive one … but hey, if someone can find me something better, by all means, do it.

OH and I’d prefer to buy new rather than used…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-pontiac-G6-3500-v6-4-door_W0QQitemZ260135451733QQihZ016QQcategoryZ124127QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

holy shit those hold their value!

unless you lease, youre going to get pwnt.

A friend of mine has a g6, and IMO it sucks. She has had a variety of annoying problems with it, from windows magically not working, to radios frying.

You would be doing yourself a huge favor by at least checking out used toyota solaras, they are 10239810298x more reliable, and arent such a depreciation disaster

The sedan is considerably cheaper than both the coupe and convertible to begin with…

[quote=“Helidrop,post:49,topic:31897"”]

The sedan is considerably cheaper than both the coupe and convertible to begin with…

[/quote]

I know, but to drop >50% in 2 years with only 22k mi is pretty crappy…

If you end up buying, please make sure the loan never flips. It really sucks owing $20k on a car worth $14k.

the Vdub Eos

OK FORGET IT … IM KEEPING THE COBALT FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (or until it dies, which will probably be in 5 years)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Volkswagen-Triple-White-New-Beetle-Convertible_W0QQitemZ250140058927QQihZ015QQcategoryZ31876QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EOS-2-0-TURBO-TSI-SPORT-CONVERTIBLE_W0QQitemZ120139157793QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6060QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(i know a vw salesman if you would like to speak to him)

That Eos is kinda sassy…

to each their own. sounds like you’ve isolated the car that matches your priorities, hope things work out for the best :slight_smile:

EDIT: holy crap. chris is just trying to help you and you go off on him. don’t kill the messenger.

i didnt go off on anyone…i asked for a potiac salesperson and i get flamed on … that’s all…

if you decide to look at one, ask for alex at the vw dealer on millersport. Hes a decent guy…

[quote=“Helidrop,post:56,topic:31897"”]

i didnt go off on anyone…i asked for a potiac salesperson and i get flamed on … that’s all…

[/quote]

getting flamed on and being given important financial advice are two different things. i think that the following would fall under the latter:

[quote=“vq30de,post:50,topic:31897"”]

I know, but to drop >50% in 2 years with only 22k mi is pretty crappy…

If you end up buying, please make sure the loan never flips. It really sucks owing $20k on a car worth $14k.

[/quote]

:gotme:

ok, well maybe i should chnge the topic of this thread to: Someone please find me sassy convertible, with more than 2 seats for under 30k :stuck_out_tongue:

that sound better to ya?

:tup: