I need brakes

I just spoke with the dealer and they’ve told me my front rotors are warped. I dont think I’ll be going with OEM rotors. I talked to ECS(very kool guys) and I want either the OEM 2 piece replica or the Stage3 kit. I’m going to save up and do it around summer time or whenever I get enough money saved. Any other suggestions?

If your rotors are warped now, your going to wait til summer to replace them? :confused Aren’t you worried about hurting other components waiting it out that long?

Theres a slight wave, nothing horrid. If i have to replace them quick I will, dont get me wrong I wont wait till it makes parts fall off. I just need to find something first.

Are you just doing rotors and pads or are you doing calipers too? I had Zimmerman rotors and mintex red box pads on MK III VR6 Jetta and they were pretty decent, I’m not sure if they’ll make a set for your A6. Willwood and Baer have some pretty nice calipers too if you haven’t looked into them.

Or and i’m not sure if they’ll fit or not but have you tried looking at Porsche calipers to see if they’d bolt up to your car?

well, i think il lget hawk pads, and the ecs 2 piece rotors, keep my OEM calipers and be set

I’m betting it’s pad deposits. ‘Warping rotors’ was a big deal back in the 70s, but it really doesnt happen with modern day braking systems, especially on an Audi. Just my $.02, done a lot of research after I ‘warped’ a set.

Might want to try OEM rotors again so you dont throw money away unless you want the bling factor.

i dont care about the bling factor. i will probably end up with a set of 2 peice oem diameter rotors, hawk pads and leave my calipers on there.

as jason said, the zimmermans area good choice for an upgrade. you can also go ate power disk. don’t think ate makes the power disks for the rear though. theres always just regular brembo’s too. the hawk pads are pretty good too. i had mintex red box as well and they were alright. if i were you i’d buy my stuff from
www.parts4vws.com

best prices, fast shipping, huge selection, and some the nicest people to deal with in the vw/ audi community.

so, i dont think ill get the 2 piece rotors. apparently, the hats crack in this area cuz of the cold and all that crap. damn. so much for nicer upgrades. goddamn i hate this state. i guess zimmermans it is

When did you notice that your rotors were ‘warped’

couple of weeks ago, so i made an apointment at the dealer