i need electrical help with a 94 ford taurus

ok so i bought a taurus wagon for a winter car and a week or so ago the headlights started flickering on and off randomly. pretty shitty. so today i smelled like something burning and now they won’t go on at all. i had to hold down the highbeams to finish delivering for the night. the switch gets really hot when i took the plastic part off, and the running lights work all the time. anyone have a diagram to see if i can jump the switch? or know of this as a common problem on old fords???

please someone help me before i burn this baby blue grocery getter to the ground.

u don’t need no light, let that muthafuka burn!

i had a 94 taurus last winter, my lights were SUPER temperamental as well, i used to have to get out and kick them to get them to jump on. not sure why, but your problem sounds much different then mine. go buy the haynes manual and the wiring diagrams are in the back, fun your own brand new wires from the switch to the lights and use like 12 or 14 gauge wire instead of the fishing line size shit ford uses. put an in-line fuse in it too. i bet that will help unless it is your switch that is going bad and its melting itself, in that case call 2060 auto-parts on william for a new one…prollt like $20

just a guess but I’m guessing you need a headlight swicth, your correct in saying that older fords are prone to that

switches suck on those. my friend use to own a taurus and the switch gave a strobe effect. head to the boneyard and get a new one.

word, my '93 had bad contact points as well. ten minutes in M&M and another ten in the dash, problem solved.

Probably the headlight switch, or the multi-function switch on the drivers side of the steering column.

I had the multi-function switch in my 89 give out and melt, causing me to lose hi-beams. Seeing as it’s a track car though it didn’t matter much. The size of 12-14 gauge wire they used was just serviceable. :tdown: