I need some help here...

If you reset the timing make sure you put a new tensioner on. That’s usually the culprit of a jump.

And belt and idlers…

Well, still no compression in cylinders 1 and 3. We’re gonna do a leak down test and see where it’s going. Possible head gasket? Broken valves? Really off timing? Guess we will see. In the mean time I am going to have to work on getting our back up car running and on the road I guess…

Thanks everyone.

Does anyone know if you can transfer plates from one vehicle to another online?

Nevermind, doesn’t look like it…

It jumped timing as stated. If the belt is old or the tensioner is weak it can easily jump timing. Don’t even bother with a leak down test. If it jumped more than two teeth you bent the valves in that motor. Even a blown hg will build compression and still run.

Pull the timing covers off and set the crank to tdc #1 and verify th sprocket marks on the cams. If the marks are off two teeth or less reset the timing with a new belt and start it up. More than two teeth and you should prep for a rebuild if you plan to keep the car. If they’re off by near 180 degrees then rotate the crank 360 and check the cams again

So…anyone got a 2.5 for sale?

Good used motors from a yard will run you $1500-2K easily. You can probably find one online but then have to pay freight. I often rebuild them for people who thought they could find a rep cheap and found otherwise.

Pull the motor and pull the heads, worst case you need all new valves and pay to have the heads reconditioned, new gasket set, R&R.

I dont have any phase 2 SOHC motors around here.

Well, the Wifey still swears she didn’t hear anything. But it had to of made a racket. Still no idea how it managed to jump timing.

I have a beater Focus that the title was in limbo with. So I am running around trying to get that going. Then we’re gonna save up some money like no ones business and buy another decent beater immediately. Then save again for a decent used daily. No clue when this Focus will grenade.

Not sure what to do with the Subaru yet. The rest of this car is great. Minimal rust, needs a CV boot, and rear brakes. But that’s it. Tempted to find another motor. But at the prices, I may scrap it or store it and wait to do some type of swap upgrade.

Thanks to everyone here for your help!

LSx swap

lol that would be fun with AWD lol.