I need some opinions on this

i appreciate that. :slight_smile: im thinking for this car, at least, i would get just the inside slightly more flat once its bagged. i am trying to avoid this kind of thing(below), for now at least
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5479/cimg0364z.jpg

doing this will allow me to get in a wheel thats 3-4inches wider, but i dont want to just yet.

how so honkyslice? all your replacing is the struts, c-arms and such are still oem so the geometry doesnt change one bit when they are set at a specific preload/ride height.

VOTVOTā€¦ Please follow my directions.

Get money
Get parts
spend a weekend at my garage
lay that shit out
Get paid - Get bitches

Not a bad stance acttually. i am thinking if you went 19x12 a widebody would have to be done. I think 19x9.5 maybe 19x10 would look sick imo without major hassle.

i think if i play with spacers, i can get it to fit flush. if i leave it as is, they should go right into the fenders and theyā€™ll tuck away. if i get like a hockey puck sized spacer in there, itll come right up to the fender. iā€™d prefer to tuck the wheels under the fenders, so they go like a good inch or two into the fenders, but be ALMOST touching on the inside of the fender.

you think we can manage in a single weekend?

http://euromedian.net/2010/11/10/3-weeks-and-counting/?ref=nf
im going for that kind of thing

Only 8" on that huuuuuuuuge car, vot? Cmon. Iā€™ll be 8" on all four corners in 2011 and thatā€™s not even super wide, just kinda wide. My car is probably 3 feet shorter in length and a foot shorter in height :lol

thats a cool story about that carā€¦

its fine for now. eventually i might go 12-14wide. if i had bought myself an A8L, yea, its a different story.

what the fuuuuuckkk. Just get like 9.5- 10" wide wheelsā€¦ why are you talking about 12-14"

i always thought that my tdi looked sharp at its prime, but thats just .02ā€¦ i wasnā€™t able to drive in the grooves in the road, axle bind was bad, always dragged the subframe at something, but it was a mission to drive lol

i REALLY like wide wheels of 12 or more. its just something about how it looks on the car and from behind. 12-14 is nice and wide but not impossible to fit in. 10 is still nice though. i like 10s.

Just get 4 rears from a ZR1 thenā€¦ those will look tite under there

its wide enough for SURE! but theyre not fullface wheels tho.

14" wide wtf I dont how that will fit.

But when the car is dumped out thereā€™s going to be a shitload of neg camber and therefore wheels will not be flush.

14 would be good for poke, but im thinking im going to lean more towards a 10-12 wide wheel in the future. I dont mind them leaning hella inward when its completely down, I like that.

12-14" ???
You canā€™t be seriousā€¦that would look, well, not good :lol
Youā€™d be poking AT LEAST 2" past the fender (DUMB), assuming 18x12ā€¦

Here is 18x10ā€¦clearly no room to go wider (and still look good) without flares/widebody

Isnt that car a smaller than mine?

I doubt the room in the fenders is much less, the A6 is like an awkward middle child between the ā€œsportyā€ B5 and the ā€œBALLINā€ D3.

ya know, i never really measured how much it can fit.