I need to learn how to drive

In all seriousness, I am not fucking around. I am currently shaken up…badly.

I am still shaking. I like to have fun and all, but theres a time to get serious, and this is one of those times.

I went to hockey tonight. Then decided to go to Mighty. Hung out there for a while.

Decided to take sheridan down, to the 290E and hit that home.

Well, I’m going on the on ramp, and I punch it…how I always usually do. I like to be up to 50 or so, because I can’t count on people merging properly.

Now if you are familar with the onramp, its straight, and then takes a big turn, onto the thruway.

Well, tonight…I pushed it too hard. And lost total control of my car, and did a 360 onto the 290. I don’t remember much, but the tires breaking loose, and lots and lots of smoke. I didn’t even have a chance to correct, it, and just closed my eyes and hoped for the worst.

I then come to a stop, and see all these lights swerving around me. I swear to god I thought this car was going to hit me, so i closed my eyes and relaxed…but he just dissapeared…

I was facing the right way on the thruway, and obviously stalled my car out. I went to start it, but it wouldn’t start, so i gave it a second.

Finally it started, but i had to hold it, and give it some gas. And i got the fuck out of there.

I have never been so terrified in my life, and I am in no way, shape or form, religious…but someone was watching my back. The fact that out of the 10 cars that passed me, didn’t hit me, is also a miracle.

I have learned my lesson, and I will drive with a lot more caution now. I guess even myself, has some growing up to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

I for sure thought I was dead.

But now, after my incident tonight…my idle is up a little…from 700ish rpms, to 1000 and occasionally, jumping a little bit more. Does anyone have any idea, why spinning out would fuck up my idle!!!

I made a picture for you guys.
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL655/2420268/9652865/161526652.jpg

holy shit! glad ur ok…u deff got mad lucky dude. not to sure y the rpms are up, that doesnt make sense to me

woah, thats crazy man. glad to hear you’re ok!

EDIT- I just ran outside to check the car, and the rpms are now fine.

its not surging anymore.

i have no clue what would have caused that.

holy shit, i need to get to bed, and sleep on this shit.

nice story!

glad your OK :wink:

karma is a bitch

Not to mention, when i finally got the car started 30 seconds later, i pulled out and a black wrx swerved off the road to avoid hitting me, and then got back on, and went on his merry way.

good thing old people don’t drive at this time of night.

i think karma is the reason i didn’t get fucking blasted, or put my car into a guard rail.

i may be an idiot, and come off as an ass-o, but recently i have done some pretty good things, for random strangers…

like i gave a woman who had her purse stolen at a rest stop, $20 to get home… and i bought a meal for a homeless guy outside of denny’s, and i even gave a complete stranger a ride home.

each and every single time, they told me “it will come back to you”.

damn dude, glad to hear u didn’t get tagged by another car tho

iam sorry ur alive.no offense beck i just wanted to be different. i know that feeling its like when i fell asleep at 5 in the morning and went off the road 2 inches from a house

yea? and then whos going to let you use their butthole for free?

Fucking A. What do you think actually happened that put you into a spin? Usually if you hammer a FWD in a curve you just go straighter. Did you get on it a LOT harder than normal? Swerve? Patch of gravel?

I did the exact same thing about 5 years ago in my Mustang after my gas pedal got stuck under my floormat in 3rd gear, your lovely drawing describes it to a T. Did a 180 and was staring down an 18 wheeler coming at me FAST…luckily I kept spinning and crossed 3 lanes of traffic and avoided being hit by the truck as well as multiple cars flying by. Only down side is I didn’t stop until I hit the barrier wall. Strut tower brace saved my car from being a complete loss as all the damage from from the strut forward. Anything farther back on these unibody cars and it’s tough to save em.You’re definitely luck you didn’t get touched…

i got on it really hard, and it was in 2nd gear…so my tires break loose in boost, and i was near the edge of the ramp…and i think all the loose gravel and shit on the side there, also played a part.

this is the shit im talking about…what could happen when racing etc etc.

as of lately, im just not down with going 120 in my car anymore. it was fun at first, but now i kinda want to live, an able life and have kids.

very lucky man, youre a good guy beck it’s not your time yet, not by a long shot. Someone was definately watching over you. Be thankful!

glad ur ok buddy… i dont know how id get put to sleep without those phenomenol reach arounds <3

im glad your ok, things like this are the reason i have driven like a grandparent since i got my license, and have oly had my car up to 108, and only once just to see it hit the limiter. i am not down for those kind of speeds, i like to have fun and race and such, but a line must be drawn, and this is why. people called/call me a pussy for it all the time, but i dont care, ill be alive.

wow. glad you’re okay, adam

re: aiman assclowning in his S4 like 4yrs ago around there

EDIT: quick go make a very dramatic blog about it now, replete with various fonts, colors and deep EMOtions :slight_smile:

j/p bro

Can’t handle the Hondas huh? :wink:

glad you’re ok man. drive safe.