I need to learn how to drive

Glad to hear you and the car are ok.

I think everyone has had that experience where you pushed your car a little too far. Mine saw me landing my car inches from a telephone pole. Lesson learned.

I didn’t want to get personal and rip on his skills too.:stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: He fixed the title.:lol: J/K Beck

OT but, I put a bigger rear sway on and it made a surprising difference in balance.

bigger rear sway = less oversteer???

No. More. It loosens the rear end a bit taking the understeer out.
Why?

well joe said he had no prob stepping the rear out…and then you replied saying the bigger rear sway you put in balanced it, which i thought meant you somehow reduced the oversteer by putting a bigger rear sway in. so now i am confused as to what you meant by balanced and how the bigger rear sway effected that.

fuck that i tottaled my wrx due to throttle lift. when i tried to correct it,the car was having none of it

It seems like the major thing you are worried about is your car. :shrug:

It seems like you are taking this situation the wrong way. There are a few things you can learn from it, not just “I need to learn how to drive.”

And short wheelbase cars are spin demons. :wink:

And you probably weren’t hit because it was later at night when less cars are on the road, and generally younger people with quicker reaction times are driving. I’m not a huge believer in fate, but I do believe you can learn from every situation.

But I’m glad you are fine. Because this Goob would have been a sad Goob.

The best thing to do is learn from your mistake. Obviously you know your lucky and everyone who was about to hit you was lucky as well. Also, consider your car’s suspension and the fact it has a short wheelbase. Has it been modified appropriately? Just asking because you should match up your suspension with the power your car’s putting down. Many people overlook upgrading their suspension (I’m not saying you did or anything, but many people do). Of course your car might have the proper suspension upgrades I dunno. audios had an excellent idea to auto X your car and/or push it to it’s limits so you have a good idea how it will react. When I look back on what I did, I learned my lesson two months after I got my car. I lost the back end at around 80 MPH and almost slid off the road. Over the last 5 years I put $2,000+ into suspension upgrades instead of doing heads/cam on my car. I’m still happy about that because my bulky f-bod handles awesome now (and is MUCH safer in the turns and all around). Glad your ok & no one was hurt. I bet you scared the shit out of a few people on the thruway.

IMO if you mod a econ. car, do the suspension first, the protege was a world of diff with the mods I did to the suspension

good to hear no one was hurt though :slight_smile:

:tdown: beck, glad to see your okay though.

IM glad no innocent person was hurt from you being foolish on a public road. I hope you learn from this.

Yes :lol:

it was rather scary… but i am just wondering… from an outside POV, how close was I, to totally fucking someone’s shit up?

it seems to me, that cars missed me, by inches. and there was a lot of smoke.

wtf.

thanks for all the nice replies guys, if you have ever cruised with me, you know i don’t drive like an ass, but this time, i merely pushed my car beyond its limitations…and i know now, what i can and cannot do.

Silly beck! go to nccc sunday.

the suspension was not the issue here. it is setup just fine…

it was throttle lift oversteer

how do i know? i built the car and drove it for 5 years. theres a reason it doesnt have a rear sway bar anymore :slight_smile:

I think I know why this happened.

It’s that that damn Fast and Furious movie.

hope you learn from this

i stopped driving like a maniac when i started autocrossing. I take my aggression out on the course. you should consider it :slight_smile:

there’s an event this weekend

good to see your alright beck … if yopu had died there would have been mass suicides at high schools from buffalo to rochester … tose teenie boppers dont know who to deal with the death of a bf

so … your saying this is a fwd car that can drift ?

THAT UN POSSIBLE !

theres a bunch of dents on the under side of the car that say it is :slight_smile:

new favorite poster.

Thanks…lol