I need your help!! (potentially stolen items)

There is this guy, I believe his name is John, who owns a black 1988 BMW e30, a 325is to be exact. He has come to me a few times for parts and things of that nature. To make a long story short, I agreed to lend him my engine hoist (harbor freight) to pull the M20 from his e30. He has had it farrr longer than reasonable and I’ve reminded him multiple times through text about it. Every time he has some BS excuse that he hasnt pulled the motor yet, or that its in his girlfriend’s mom’s barn but they’re away in PA and he cant get it. I went to remind him again and now his cell number has been ‘deactivated’ or ‘canceled’ so I cannot reach him. He also has my e30 radiator which needs to be returned.
Here are all the details I can give; So, if you know him or his address or new number or any info I could use in tracking down my property, I would truly appreciate it.

Details:
No longer active number: 716-243-6017
Build: Relatively short, not big at all.
Race/face: White male. Has had a really shitty looking beard each time ive seen him (the “shave that shit, bro” kind)
He picked up my hoist with his moms shitty yellow Ford Ranger.

More:
He has purchased a 302 V8 within the last couple months or so to swap into his e30. He has absolutely no fucking clue what he is doing.

I should have known better. My mistake.
Thanks for the help!

Not trying to rain on your parade, but I don’t see a happy ending for you with this. Shitty thing to do to someone trying to help.

Same guy texted me a few weeks ago when I had my e30 on craigslist, same phone number and cool story about his 302 swap. I also live on Grand Island, haven’t actually seen him around though.

You should probably call the police

Do this, make a fake post on craigslist and see if he takes the bait :slight_smile:

+1

you should post on craigslist: Parts to swap a 302 to bme e30 and a different number than the one you used with him, kid sounds dumb enough to fall for it. Find some stock images of random parts to post with it.

ha ha this, just come up with some bs for sale add with some too good to be true parts for the swap at a dirt cheap price. this will def get the kid to crawl out of the wood work.

I think I’ll make the ad. Thats a good idea.
I appreciate the help.

I don’t either. I’m just doing what I can.
It’s my mistake.

Tracking due to the slight possibility that this has the chance to turn interesting.

Do the CL ad thing…and use google voice to make a fake number that forwards to your real number. works awesome (especially for slampig girls). Then, to sweeten the deal, offer to DELIVER the parts…that way you get his address and show up to pick up your items.

better yet give him the address to the dyno day…ha

I feel like there is someone you can call that usually handles things like this…
hmmm…

^ Joe Pesci?

“No more shines Billy…”

Tell him you’re willing to take partial trade for an engine hoist.

Carl Paladino?

So he stole your Harbour Freight engine hoist? I think using that is punishment enough for the theft of it. He most likey hasn’t returned it as he has broken feet from the 302 falling.

LOL

update the kid is dead due to a small block falling on him