Ice Bowl rink now a fixture in East Aurora?

I’d been hearing that EA was trying to get a rink for a while, then started hearing that they were using the ice bowl rink.

I’m curious what has become of all this. The most recent thing I could find was from October 7th, which said they had begun erecting the rink.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/southernsuburbs/story/456950.html

anyone know the current status? What will they do for programing? I would LOVE to go to drop in at an outdoor rink!

Idk if its permanent, but i think my buddy has a practice or a game there this saturday. That I am taking pictures for.

I think its pretty fucking sweet EA got it. Lets hope they don’t destroy it. It should have gone downtown though:(

i fucking hate east aurora

i really hope they have some skate and shoots

They just opened it. They showed it during the sabres game. The rink looks just like it was at the ice bowl.

it’s open now, they did a special on it during the capitals game. I’m not sure on the hours, but I know there’s open skate and league play.

oh damn. I need to get down on this

is there any option for renting it ?

I would imagine it’s going to be pretty exspensive to rent out.

I will find out, my nephew works there and plays hockey there.
It looks pretty strange just sitting out in the open.lol
EA FTW. :slight_smile:

I guess that is based on operational costs; I wonder what those are looking like

my cousin told me they are running a bar league on it

ya the bar league seems awesome. I want to do it

anyone got pics of it to post

well it is located right next to rileys on riley st, which is a bar. i would imagine they are loving this and the business will boom for sure.

as for the price, it was put together by the town and alot of volunteers. it will probably be up to the town on how much they rent it out for and your probably going to need to know someone.

pics?

bring that shit downtown

why? theres an arena down there already. plus where would they put it and i can almost guarantee it would get vandalized.

besides ea was the first/only town to step up and ask for it. it was just sitting in op and they decided to put it to work. it was all paid for by the town/volunteers to put up and to operate.

I have 2 skates on it this weekend. My buddy works in EA and he says it’s awesome. They are deciding on putting up two “locker rooms” since right now they only have a bench with a mat under it. If somebody doesn’t post up pictures soon, I will post some up this weekend when I am there.

EDIT: from what I heard with the bar league, it’s going to consist of the original 6 NHL teams … Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins, Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Black Hawks, and New York Rangers.

that’s bullshit.

rotary rink is down there and they don’t get vandalized for shit.

however rotary rink is also public skate only. what richie was probably implying is it would be cool to have an outdoor rink you could actually play pickup on