Idle/Stalling/Rev Problem

Well as many of you know I did the GSR Swap this summer and the car ran great, but once I got back to Arizona it started stalling out and not reving above 100RPM so i changed the idle bolts to make it rev around 500 to see if it would stick and it did for a day. Now basically I have two problems in that category. 1) A lot of times when i put my car in neutral it stalls due to low rpm idle. 2) Sometimes when i beat on it then go to neutral, the RPM’s will drop down and sit and about 1500, but sometimes the car revs up itself and i have to take my foot and pull the gas pedal out to make the rpms drop back down… I’m thinking I just might need to get a new throttle cable but I’m not sure, any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Bump

idle air control motor, it probably needs to be cleaned or replaced

prob listed as IAC in your shop manual

its a step motor on a spring, remove the throttlebody, pull out the IAC, dissasemble and clean it with carb cleaner or simplegreen and re-install, if it still does it try a new one

normally they get gummed up with crap and when you slam the throttle closed the motor can’t open up the idle air vent fast enough to stop the car from stalling, when they stick open the rpm’s jump all over etc

Ok that helps a lot, thanks I’ll make it a Saturday project… next Saturday… Its got about 58K on it so gummed up sounds about right…

Jon, did you ever fix that problem? If not, I have an idea what it might be …